#101 mbes2

mbes2

Someone say Plasti Dip?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,509 posts
  • Interests:"Keep it standard"
    "Yes, I built it"

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:54 AM

Just had a good chat with Henderson Taylor (Matthew) 

Will deffo be moving from CCI to then sort the agreed value 

Good quote

#102 P11 COV

P11 COV

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,683 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Music, God, Family. Holidays.

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:48 PM

Since I got my insurance with them all i received was a cover note and a from to fill in for agreed value.

I asked for some documentation today and got a policy booklet from Equity. There's no specific details about my insurance i.e excesses and it states track days are not covered.

The only proof of trackday cover I have is a email from Matt stating that its included.  I don't really get it.

#103 P11 COV

P11 COV

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,683 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:54 PM

Another interesting point that I have not been aware of before. You are not covered if you leave the vehicle with the roof off. I've often done that.

#104 Tony VXR 56

Tony VXR 56

• PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:33 PM

Since I got my insurance with them all i received was a cover note and a from to fill in for agreed value.   I asked for some documentation today and got a policy booklet from Equity. There's no specific details about my insurance i.e excesses and it states track days are not covered.   The only proof of trackday cover I have is a email from Matt stating that its included.  I don't really get it.

My insurance is due next week (with CCI at the moment) and I was considering HT. spoke to Matt and quoted slightly more than CCI at £364. Does anyone have actual insurance documentation from HT that confirms unlimited track days and guaranteed value etc? At the moment I am reluctant to change as there seems to be some uncertainty!

#105 P11 COV

P11 COV

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,683 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:38 PM

Since I got my insurance with them all i received was a cover note and a from to fill in for agreed value.   I asked for some documentation today and got a policy booklet from Equity. There's no specific details about my insurance i.e excesses and it states track days are not covered.   The only proof of trackday cover I have is a email from Matt stating that its included.  I don't really get it.

My insurance is due next week (with CCI at the moment) and I was considering HT. spoke to Matt and quoted slightly more than CCI at £364. Does anyone have actual insurance documentation from HT that confirms unlimited track days and guaranteed value etc? At the moment I am reluctant to change as there seems to be some uncertainty!

The agreed value is not an issue as it is mentioned in the policy booklet I have been sent and there is a form to fill in in that regard. As far as the track insurance goes I have an email stating the cover directly from Matt so that is good enough for me. When you do a track day you will need to inform them/him anyway and as I have it in 'writing' then I can't see that there will be an issue.

#106 Rudy

Rudy

ZZZzzzzz.....

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:02 PM

I've contacted ERS direct as it all seem a bit too trusting. There's a recent case of insurance broker fraud down my way that left a few drivers without cover and it's similar. Maybe I'm just being paranoid though as it all seems ok. Might just give Matt a call tomorrow and grab his balls.

#107 Tony VXR 56

Tony VXR 56

• PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:03 PM

P11cov I'm a bit confused - your previous post stated that in the policy booklet track days were not covered? I'm not sure how an email from Matt would reassure if it conflicts with the official documentation. I was hoping to get confirmation that someone has full documentation from the relevant insurance company (not just an email from Matt) that confirms agreed value and unlimited track day cover - anyone?

Edited by Tony VXR 56, 21 May 2015 - 10:08 PM.

#108 Tony VXR 56

Tony VXR 56

• PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:07 PM

I've contacted ERS direct as it all seem a bit too trusting. There's a recent case of insurance broker fraud down my way that left a few drivers without cover and it's similar. Maybe I'm just being paranoid though as it all seems ok. Might just give Matt a call tomorrow and grab his balls.

With insurance, contracts and legal matters the devil is in the detail. Friendly reassurance is all well and good but means nothing in the event of a claim. Appreciate if you could post or pm me Rudy when you get the information. 👍🏻

#109 Rudy

Rudy

ZZZzzzzz.....

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:29 PM

With insurance, contracts and legal matters the devil is in the detail. Friendly reassurance is all well and good but means nothing in the event of a claim. Appreciate if you could post or pm me Rudy when you get the information. 👍🏻
I've done (probably the same as some) the checks on his company and he's a one man band who's been about for a bit and has a few other business interests. ERS (who he deals through) deal in obscure insurance stuff so it doesn't seem a problem to do bespoke insurance with a few track days etc for the price we're currently getting. But....The lack of documentation and confirmed track days worries me a bit. Plus a recent similar fraud I saw which was similar. I've taken insurance via Matt and it all seems good. I'll call him tomorrow and voice our concerns.

#110 P11 COV

P11 COV

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,683 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 06:08 AM

P11cov I'm a bit confused - your previous post stated that in the policy booklet track days were not covered? I'm not sure how an email from Matt would reassure if it conflicts with the official documentation. I was hoping to get confirmation that someone has full documentation from the relevant insurance company (not just an email from Matt) that confirms agreed value and unlimited track day cover - anyone?

Probably being a little too trusting but what I meant was if the email confirming my insurance states I have track cover firstly I believe it and secondly, in the event of a problem I would refer to that. I find it hard to believe that we are being scammed.

Could be famous last words though and as I stated before I will be contacted Matt before taking a track anyway.

I seem to recall earlier in the thread sizten mentioned wording about track days in some documentation he had?

#111 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 07:04 AM

I would want signed hard copy confirmation on their company letterhead for each track day that I do. This is what ClassicLine do.

#112 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 07:24 AM

I would want signed hard copy confirmation on their company letterhead for each track day that I do. This is what ClassicLine do.

I've never had that in 8 years. Not with Heritage, not with REIS, not with CCI and not with ERS. At most (and only from Matt @ Henderson Taylor) I've had an email acknowledgement if I've informed them via email. Most of the time, if I get around to insuring the trackday at all, I've done it via phone and no matter whether I've given any them 6 months notice or < 24 hours, I've never had written confirmation, nor wanted or expected it and am more than happy with a verbal acknowledgement.

#113 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 07:41 AM

So you don't have any proof that your car is insured for a particular track day and in the underwriters  pamphlet it says that track days aren't covered, OK. So if they don't want to pay out what do you do then? I would feel rather exposed tbh.

#114 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 07:46 AM

I don't really care, to be honest. I've only ever bothered insuring 25% of the trackdays anyway as I can't be arsed to make a phone call to them in the first place.

#115 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 07:53 AM

It looks like that I will have to take that approach for Foreign track days if I'm going to stay with Classicline. However I'm hoping that HT get this matter clarified to everyone's satisfaction.

It's also important to find out what damage you are insured for on track. I was told,  but can't confirm, that CCI  do not cover certain damage.

#116 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 22 May 2015 - 07:57 AM

you are not covered for third party , thats their own problem. plus things like armco barrier damage , I don't know.

#117 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 08:02 AM

you are not covered for third party , thats their own problem. plus things like armco barrier damage , I don't know.

no - it was for some components on the car, suspension perhaps, can't remember exactly but remember being surprised when I was told. It was the chairman of Classicline who told me so read into it as you wish!

#118 Tony VXR 56

Tony VXR 56

• PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 08:37 AM

I don't really care, to be honest. I've only ever bothered insuring 25% of the trackdays anyway as I can't be arsed to make a phone call to them in the first place.

I was soliciting feedback from those who could be bothered Matt! FYI CCI provide fully documented cover documentation for each day you arrange. Anyway, not wishing to be contentious - those happy to be on a verbal promise and vague email good luck in the event of a claim. Anyone with actual detailed specific written documentation from HT.

#119 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 08:46 AM

I was soliciting feedback from those who could be bothered Matt! FYI CCI provide fully documented cover documentation for each day you arrange.

Errr, no. I've never once had that in 4 years of being insured with CCI and ~10 covered trackdays. Maybe that was because I wasn't direct with them and went via Henderson Taylor initially (the business is so separate that CCI mistakenly called me direct to renew, got 30 seconds into the conversation and realised my business had come via HT and stopped the call) and informed him of the impending trackday.

Dunno. Don't care. I'd rather not be paying for somebody to draft a letter and send it out each time. Especially as it's unlikely to ever get near me until after a trackday, due to my preference to leave it until the last minute to arrange any track cover I do take.

#120 P11 COV

P11 COV

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,683 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 03:58 PM

I've never had that in 8 years. Not with Heritage, not with REIS, not with CCI and not with ERS. At most (and only from Matt @ Henderson Taylor) I've had an email acknowledgement if I've informed them via email. Most of the time, if I get around to insuring the trackday at all, I've done it via phone and no matter whether I've given any them 6 months notice or < 24 hours, I've never had written confirmation, nor wanted or expected it and am more than happy with a verbal acknowledgement.

I have had confirmation from classic line in the past both in hard copy posted out and offical letter in a pdf  emailed to me. Whether they did that every time or not I can't remember but certainly most of the time.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: insurance, track days, cock rings, badgers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users