• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#21 tommobot

tommobot

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 12:53 PM

Pretty sure its primer (I helped him with it).  If definitely looks like primer so must be!  :poke:

Bellend. I believe the official colour is 'Satin Grey'

#22 Haston

Haston

• Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 05:34 PM

Toe links fitted tracking done and a trip to Western Super Mare ☺ and it sounds awesome.

#23 Stevie Dubyah

Stevie Dubyah

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Interests:Invasive Operations

Posted 20 July 2015 - 09:47 AM

Very nice looking car. 

Have you ever actually heard a VSE mated to a Supercharger? It can get a bit loud. 

#24 Haston

Haston

• Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 11:44 AM

Thanks, nope but hopefully one day I will be able to tell you from experience  :D. Are there many people running VSE's with superchargers?

#25 Goosenka

Goosenka

Jeep Driving jolly nice chap

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,716 posts
  • Interests:Fried breakfasts, coffee and dogs

Posted 22 July 2015 - 12:01 PM

Thanks, nope but hopefully one day I will be able to tell you from experience  :D. Are there many people running VSE's with superchargers?

I did and its deafening. I think it was Nev who described it as a V8 boat engine. Long journeys can be tiresome...

#26 Andrew aka Stuwy

Andrew aka Stuwy

Made In England

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,731 posts
  • Interests:most things are intersting

Posted 22 July 2015 - 01:32 PM

Yes but not long!

#27 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 01:58 PM

It's the most restrictive exhaust made, and when coupled with the lower melting point of mild steel, probably won't last that long with higher exhaust gas temperatures of a supercharged engine.

#28 Haston

Haston

• Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 02:31 PM

If I was going supercharged I would probably end up getting a larger bore anyway. I wouldn't have thought it would have melted it that far down the system. It doesn't seem restrictive the system seems fairly simple terms of diameter it's not bigger but rule of thumb is 1 inch per 100 bhp on an N/A.

The supercharger might be a while off anyway so I'll enjoy it the way it is just now :). Next on the list is coilovers I think. I would rather have handling and stopping before power.

#29 tommobot

tommobot

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 02:59 PM

I had one on mine for about 2 years, was loud-ish on startup, but everyday driving it was fine I thought. Foot to the floor it sounded like all hell was about to break out though..

I had it was a decat pipe aswell for about 2 or 3 months, again not too loud in normal conditions but utterly ridiculous at full throttle! Huge bangs and flame most times you lifted off which is childish, but oh so fun!

#30 Haston

Haston

• Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 09:27 PM

So......... it's been a long time since my last post. And the winter work has only just begun.I purchased some Nitron coilovers from the group buy just before Christmas and fitted a few weeks ago I just need to sort out getting it geo'd and suggestions are welcome I was going to try Aline in Dudley...... So front clam was removed to sort a small piece of damage where I hit a badger and fit the FLD splitter I purchased last year. While the front was off I removed the V.... I also purchased a Frosty diffuser which I'm going to fit after geo. So the to do list now looks like. Geo Service.....advice on sparkplugs? Rear tyres soon Look for some second hand TD's And enjoy my second summer in the VX220 �

#31 Haston

Haston

• Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 09:48 PM

So......... it's been a long time since my last post.

And the winter work has only just begun.I purchased some Nitron coilovers from the group buy just before Christmas and fitted a few weeks ago I just need to sort out getting it geo'd and suggestions are welcome I was going to try Aline in Dudley......

Posted Image

So front clam was removed to sort a small piece of damage where I hit a badger and fit the FLD splitter I purchased last year. While the front was off I removed the V....

Posted Image

Posted Image

I also purchased a Frosty diffuser which I'm going to fit after geo.

Posted Image

So the to do list now looks like.
Geo
Service.....advice on sparkplugs?
Rear tyres soon
Look for some second hand TD's
And enjoy my second summer in the VX220 :D

Sorry pictures never worked in the first post and wouldn't let me edit it.

#32 Haston

Haston

• Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 05:15 PM

Soo another while since a post and a fairly decent update this time.

I have skipped the Team Dynamics part of my list and went straight to the supercharger purchase. Just happened to be right price right time.

I now have to collect the additional parts needed and also looking to fitting a smaller charge cooler into the right ear.

Posted Image

#33 Haston

Haston

• Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 11:27 AM

Almost 2 years has passed and I finally believe I have all the parts.

The charge cooler rad has been fitted for around a year now but the cooler lines have not been run.

The parts collected.

- SC

- Manifold

- Blue VXR injectors

- EV Injector plugs

- 10m of 19mm I/D heater hose

- ZZP Dual pass end plate

- Dipstick Bracket

- Top hose

- Water pump and Relay

- Manifold Alignment bung

- Idle Pulley & Bracket

- 2Bar MAP sensor

- Misc bolts and washers

Also

- Timing Chain Kit (from Autovaux)

- LH engine mount

I'll try and get some pictures up as I go but the car is now in the garage waiting for me to remove the rear clam for the first time.

Roll on Friday :)

#34 sford

sford

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 03:12 PM

Good luck! I did mine 2016-2017 winter and it was great. Vocky does a modified loom that is a peach and you can make an adaptor up easily to mount the ECU to some bulkhead bolts. Welcome to have a look round mine if you need any pointers/references. I'm the other side of Alcester but occasionally get it out if the weather is nice!

#35 Haston

Haston

• Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 03:56 PM

Thanks,

I ordered the mount from Vocky so will have to see about the loom. There seem to be quite a few SC ones around the area. Might get a look to see some routing at some point :).

Which side of the car have you run your CC pipes down?

#36 Haston

Haston

• Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 04:14 PM

Small update some new parts arrived

I've also made a start to removing the clam the interior is out along with the rear fixings just the lower ones to remove and the clam will be free.Posted Image

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

#37 Haston

Haston

• Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 08:25 PM

And the clam is off without too much of a fight and even better news I spy a 100amp alt 😁Posted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

#38 sford

sford

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 12:11 AM

Thanks,

I ordered the mount from Vocky so will have to see about the loom. There seem to be quite a few SC ones around the area. Might get a look to see some routing at some point :).

Which side of the car have you run your CC pipes down?

mine run down the passenger side

#39 Haston

Haston

• Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:25 AM

Mine are going to have to run down the drivers side which I think makes routing at the rear a bit more of a challenge.

Also ordered a genuine water pump today, might as well do the lot while I'm in there.

#40 sford

sford

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 12:34 PM

I know it's adding to what is already a big list but worth checking your brake and clutch pipes as they come out of the sill at the back of the car. Mine had corroded pretty badly on the bend as they go into the engine area. Was going to say nice and easy but it's more a case of not as difficult to do while the clam is off.

I'll be taking the car to The Bell at Alderminster for their evening car meet on Thursday if you want a snoop around.

Edited by sford, 11 June 2018 - 12:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users