• Please log in to reply
388 replies to this topic

#21 1cobrav8

1cobrav8

Joe is faster than me

• PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 06:54 AM

is there a gasket set for 89mm and is the cylinder squish okay?

Cometic do several of the shelf 89mm gaskets I'm different thicknesses to help you get your compression and squish rite

#22 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 10:56 AM

The headgasket is always a bit bigger than the bore. Those 89mm gaskets are the stock size for the 88mm bore block + a few oversizes. Not sure on the tolerances on a 89.00mm bore...

#23 1cobrav8

1cobrav8

Joe is faster than me

• PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 07:13 AM

Block is now on route to the machine shop so hoping to have that turned around in a few weeks so that Vocky can then get it assembled. By that time all the other parts should have arrived apart from the Harrop but that shouldn't hold us up to much. 

If the lead time on the 1900 Harrop is to long then i will get a 1320 in the mean time and then just wait for the 1900 to be completed, now I've had time to think about it i think this will be a good way to do it anyway as it will see what we can produce on my spec motor on both the big and small Harrop. Plus the other main factor if i'm honest is that after the weather we've had this weekend i want to avoid any delays as i just want the car back on the road now lol. 

#24 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 09 May 2016 - 08:04 AM

Yea, summer time is not good development time !

GL.

#25 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 08:39 AM

Engine basics remains the same wether you bolt on an M62, a 1320 or a 1900.

So whatever works fastest, put it on, and start tinkering again coming winter.

#26 1cobrav8

1cobrav8

Joe is faster than me

• PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 06:41 AM

So a quick update.... Apart from the cylinder studs all the engine parts are here. The clutch went to the balances this morning and the complete assembly will be finished later today. Vocky, has the head all ready to fit. The block is all bored out and cleaned so once I collect all the bits from the balances tonight I'll get them over to Vocky for him to hopefully start assembling the motor. Andrew at harrop has just sent me a picture of my nice shiny new harrop ready to ship so hopefully end of next week that will be here. The biggest pain to sort now of the build will be the water injection system, it's arrived but will take some setting up and mapping and time will be my issue but we'll see how I get on. I've got three pulleys coming with the charger but think il for the 70mm from the get go as I have an ATI under drive on the crankshaft. im sure lee must be sick of having my car sat around now lol 😁

#27 1cobrav8

1cobrav8

Joe is faster than me

• PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 06:44 AM

The harrop 😊

Attached Files

#28 1cobrav8

1cobrav8

Joe is faster than me

• PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 06:44 AM

Paddle clutch...

#29 Crabash

Crabash

Scared

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 07:00 PM

A small note... WMI, put jets after laminova's, maybe 1 before the SC sure but is of limited benefit apart from cooling the SC a bit. Oh and check your rotor coating is ok with Meth.

Edited by Crabash, 09 June 2016 - 07:01 PM.

#30 Andrew aka Stuwy

Andrew aka Stuwy

Made In England

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,731 posts
  • Interests:most things are intersting

Posted 14 June 2016 - 11:44 AM

:wub:

#31 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 14 June 2016 - 12:23 PM

pre SC injection used on the ford f150

#32 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 14 June 2016 - 12:29 PM

Any news/progress on this exciting build?

#33 1cobrav8

1cobrav8

Joe is faster than me

• PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 12:09 PM

Any news/progress on this exciting build?

I have a mountain of parts here all ready to take to vocky this weekend. The 1320 harrop has made it as far as france so far so i'm expecting that before the end of the week. 

Its then really going to be down to how quick Vocky builds it and Lee fits it. Once fitted ill get the car back to my place and fit the WI and AEM wideband, then get it on my rollers to run the motor in and do some base mapping, 

TBH id sort of got the car out of my head for a while as parts arrivals seemed to be dragging on and also i'm so busy at work but i feel we are now at last getting all the last few pieces together so it can all move forward again. 

#34 1cobrav8

1cobrav8

Joe is faster than me

• PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 12:36 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#35 pete-r

pete-r

I never drive faster than I can see

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 12:57 PM

I would LOVE to do this to mine! Please please please keep track of your parts list cos you never know I may remortgage haha

#36 1cobrav8

1cobrav8

Joe is faster than me

• PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 01:50 PM

I would LOVE to do this to mine! Please please please keep track of your parts list cos you never know I may remortgage haha

your asking the worlds worst person to keep a track of things lol. I'll do my best but keeping a track means you often end up adding up how much its cost you!!!

#37 pete-r

pete-r

I never drive faster than I can see

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 06:42 PM

Haha, don't worry about the prices, just the items and where from ;) Man maths will apply the correct level of discount!

#38 Crabash

Crabash

Scared

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 07:12 PM

I wouldn't use the ZZP spacer (if it's that what that is) for your WI, put 2 jets after laminova's, it will work much better with a smaller amount of water.

Or is it just the gasket?

Edited by Crabash, 15 June 2016 - 07:14 PM.

#39 1cobrav8

1cobrav8

Joe is faster than me

• PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 01:24 PM

I wouldn't use the ZZP spacer (if it's that what that is) for your WI, put 2 jets after laminova's, it will work much better with a smaller amount of water.

Or is it just the gasket?

They are zzp spacers. Do you have data with the jets where im going to put them and where you suggest? how much difference did you see? 

#40 Crabash

Crabash

Scared

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 02:23 PM

Effect is best after laminovas, you will just add heat again with the friction through the lams. Waste of a nozzle, common knowledge that is overlooked for the sake of a simpler install. Pre SC does bugger all for charge temps, however you could argue it does help keep the whole SC cooler and potentially raise the efficiency of the SC. We put one on to test, saw no diff in charge temps, the post lams is where it's at, less water for more cooling.

Check Out Neils thread, "Project I am Resurrection", I did it on his car and he posted some of the supporting data.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users