146 replies to this topic

#61 Captain Vimes

Captain Vimes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Interests:Motorbikes, VX220, Procrastination

Posted 02 July 2016 - 03:24 PM

(Still waiting to see a good Stage2 /OBD map/graph that has it's max power at the 7K rev limiter, where it should be. :happy: )

Posted Image

#62 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

I ADMIT BATMAN THINKS HE IS QUICKER THAN ME

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,727 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 03:31 PM

do you not have a Tmap (captain)

#63 Captain Vimes

Captain Vimes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Interests:Motorbikes, VX220, Procrastination

Posted 02 July 2016 - 03:54 PM

No. I'm still pretty much Base map from Peter with a fuel learn. I tried playing with ignition but the Base map was pretty much spot on. Op - Having been in Courtney and Dutch mapped cars, I'd pick a Dutch map for the overall driveability on part throttle.

#64 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • Interests:Lightweight sportscars, Brunettes, Petrol & Beer.

Posted 02 July 2016 - 03:56 PM

And it doesn't stink of petrol all the time ;)

Edited by jonnyboy, 02 July 2016 - 03:59 PM.

#65 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 04:08 PM

Posted Image

Now that's how a Stage 2 SC should look like. thumbsup  I've seen a fair amount of OBD St2's that will be pretty jealous on this result. Most dive off the cliff around 6.3-6.5Krpm...

(Interesting that this is probably done with the Delphi 2 bar MAP and OEM intake temp sensor? only 15*C IAT)

Edit; low load driveability on OBD is indeed miles better than the CS remaps!

Edit2; standard 2 bar MAP sensor & normal T-sensor; some food for thought here as most problematic cases have a TMAP conversion done... :glare:

(My bog stock Stage 2 with a CS basemap looks exactly like yours; straight powerline into the rev limier @ 6.8K on a MAHA dyno. Also no TMAP...)

Edited by Exmantaa, 02 July 2016 - 04:16 PM.

#66 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

I ADMIT BATMAN THINKS HE IS QUICKER THAN ME

• 13,727 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 04:19 PM

also looks like captain is off the power at limiter very quickly 

this certainly helps the dip off at the end 

#67 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• 12,795 posts
  • Interests:Footy, Tennis, Fire.

Posted 02 July 2016 - 04:36 PM

In answer to the OP, Batman, CourtneySport or JB.

#68 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 04:46 PM

:yeahthat: we derailed slightly... in good .org fashion...

#69 navx

navx

• PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 04:47 PM

Hey guys, I'm looking for a reliable place to get my NA stage 2 supercharged.... Has anyone had a good job done and how much did it cost? 

Had mine done by Batman and Vocky. They practically did it for free given all the extra bits they checked and fixed as they went along. Car has not missed a bit since and drives perfect. I am sure other fitters are good too.Do talk them 2 before making your final decision and you may be pleasantly surprised.

Edited by navx, 02 July 2016 - 04:48 PM.

#70 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 05:04 PM

Hey guys, I'm looking for a reliable place to get my NA stage 2 supercharged.... Has anyone had a good job done and how much did it cost? 

Had mine done by Batman and Vocky. They practically did it for free given all the extra bits they checked and fixed as they went along. Car has not missed a bit since and drives perfect. I am sure other fitters are good too.Do talk them 2 before making your final decision and you may be pleasantly surprised.

after all the grief you had with your vx it was a pleasure to get it back on the road for you :grouphug:

#71 RabnaKS

RabnaKS

If anyone can talk Bllx, I can!💣

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts
  • Interests:MTB, VX220, oh & cars, golf, sarcasm with humour!

Posted 02 July 2016 - 07:21 PM

What has happened to .org... Everyone is fighting each other Bring back the old .org :grouphug: P.s our conversions are best :D :lol:

My thoughts exactly Joe. Only us have a genuine vested interest here I don't see us throwing mud at each other. Some people should think about the contribution they are making on the forum. It's not just against me it's the same old group that just seem to bring this place down with snide remarks. It's a poor show and it'd not just me that sees it.
I have personally met these guys & dealt with them in terms of VX & they both have integrity! From a personal point of view, surely distance & convenince has a part to play? I mean every body raves over certain tracking businesses but logically, why travel too far, unless you are specific in your requirements such as track bias? Be friendly, that's what I liked about the org. And I have had a bad deal out of an orger, but didn't pull the person down & spoke to him without any ill will!

#72 Steve.i.am

Steve.i.am

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts
  • Interests:Bends

Posted 02 July 2016 - 08:01 PM

To the OP

An awful lot of us have done it ourselves. Might just want to consider DIY. It can be a fun project if you research it. And any difficulties along the way this forum will be only to happy to follow you and help. .org helped me massively when I did mine. Its just a suggestion but if you do do it yourself you will have a load more knowledge of your car, the confidence to tackle other jobs and the satisfaction you did it yourself.

You will swear at the car a lot as you do it though..

#73 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 08:15 PM

In 2016 it does not actually matter where you bring it. (jon, CS or the batman)

The basics are the same at every place. It's more in the details.

Read up on those, to see if expectations match your budget.

Biggest difference in price is due to new versus used manifold and charger, and using CS mapping versus obdtuner.

Edited by smiley, 02 July 2016 - 08:18 PM.

#74 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 08:17 PM

We just corrected an install where the rad fan was wired back to front causing the car to overheat. Details....

#75 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 09:25 PM

Though it was now common knowledge that you have to splice the PA fan connector wiring in according the proper colouring...  So in Lotus fashion that will be Blue on Black then and Black on Blue... :happy:

(Same with that faulty 68mm TB wiring scheme that is still in the how-to thread, even after numerous correction postings it keeps in there... :wacko:)

#76 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 07:20 AM

We just corrected an install where the rad fan was wired back to front causing the car to overheat. Details....

Thought you were stopping the 'knobhead' comments?

As for my post, 2 pages ago, it's only right that .org scrutinises the assertions of those offering services. It's one of the great values of this forum. Indeed, it has greatly benefited the likes of the CS, BoT and guarded against some of the more questionable services which Thorney offered years ago. 

You made a good point about the fact that the livelyhoods of people depend upon your success, and we all truly, genuinely support you in your endeavours. I've enjoyed watching you grow from part time hardtops to a fully fledged business. 

However, you haven't considered that others may depend upon the custom of these pages too and therefore when you say things like 'we're number 1' you are inviting a response which is what you got here. It should be of no surprise what so ever. 

You may have very detailed installations, thats great, so do others, OBD might be better that CS, it may not. rolling road outputs are good for some, not necessary for others and so on and so on. I'd rather see set out what you offer, rather than what you offer in comparison to others. Let people make up their minds, it will lead to greater success and avoid these sorts of threads. 

PS. you still need to update your pages with my corrections though ;)

#77 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 08:09 AM

What will avoid these sorts of threads is coming down on this prevailing attitude of cuntishness on here. I can post anything and it will get jumped on. I could post on here that red is red and some clever clogs would say it's blue. It's boring. As Giles said this place is on the bones of its arse because it's just basically a competition to see who can act like the biggest Penis. Those of us that sit back and bit from all the egos are fed up. If the statement that we are number one annoys a few people on here brill. It will stay there for eternity :) As I have said prove us wrong.

#78 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 08:40 AM

I think i have :P

#79 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 09:05 AM

I wondered how this thread had grown so much since yesterday. Some points to consider: 1. Diy will always be cheaper, providing you can source the parts through the same channels (us eBay is a good place for the supercharger and manifold). 2. All the diy instructions are available here, however you may need to review multiple threads to get all the information you need 3. With the above said, the only issues I have seen from supercharger conversions have been diy conversions, particularly with regard to wiring loom extension, fan wiring and tmap wiring. 4. Paid conversions mitigate the above, and the ultimate cost depends on your location and willingness to use second hand parts 5. With regard to second hand parts, note that alternators (if needed) are coming off fairly high milage cars now. I'm aware of a few failures, including one refurb which has damaged the wiring

Edited by fezzasus, 03 July 2016 - 09:06 AM.

#80 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 09:06 AM

What will avoid these sorts of threads is coming down on this prevailing attitude of cuntishness on here. I can post anything and it will get jumped on. I could post on here that red is red and some clever clogs would say it's blue. It's boring. As Giles said this place is on the bones of its arse because it's just basically a competition to see who can act like the biggest Penis.

It was this sort of post which precipitated Thorney's demise. A sense that he was better than everyone else and that everyone was out to get him. I offered you a fairly well balanced reply, something you could have built on, taken th positives and moved on, instead you chose to insult the whole forum. It's on your head, not ours.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users