• Please log in to reply
433 replies to this topic

#241 Doctor Ed

Doctor Ed

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 02:38 PM

yup, rear right disables DRP (dynamic rear proportioning)

#242 Firthy

Firthy

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 09:09 PM

Ahh never tried that tbh :) got a good deal on the 4 channel so will see how I get along with that.

From my short test drive I can't see me ever disabling it again though!

#243 Mattyboi

Mattyboi

• PipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 10:31 AM

Even if you have the ABS off mod done?

#244 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 12:00 PM

Even if you have the ABS off mod done?

Yep, ABS off mode with 1 front sensor disconnected still leaves the module doing it's DRP function. Some even say it switches to a safe forward bias mode...

Also disconnecting a rear sensor (not the left one as that is also used for the speed signal) disables the DRP function too.

But first try it out on a safe piece of road, as you might experience some locking rear wheels!

#245 Firthy

Firthy

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 01:07 PM

I'm trying to break on the limit all the time on circuit, and I'm 99% sure the ABS cut off (which I had) massively limits rear bias. My friend literally takes car lengths out of me.

I have been running zero abs for probably 8 years, and its extremely hard to tell when the fronts are locking through the servo in the wet. In the dry its not too bad you just have no rear bias. (rears have never come close to locking). 

Hence my decision to go 4 channel to get the bias back, the Oulton incident was quite scary and just reminded me how quickly it can go wrong. In a panic situation the lack of feel makes it really hard to modulate. By the time I thought about it I was in the gravel!

Wish I had tried the rear sensor I remember reading about it a while ago but never tried it!!! Regardless will probably stay 4 channel though for the safety net and night day performance increase.

Edited by Firthy, 20 August 2018 - 01:09 PM.

#246 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,102 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 01:08 PM

I have front and rear rights disabled and it's fine.

I also disconnected the wire from the ABS module to the brake lights as it puts out a small voltage when you aren't pressing the pedal meaning LED bulbs stay on dimly

#247 Firthy

Firthy

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 01:21 PM

Is it quite obvious when you disable DRP, can you feel the bias come back to the rear?

Might be placebo but the pedal feels better to me as well, does that get better if you do both sensors as well?

#248 Rosssco

Rosssco

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 01:27 PM

Regardless will probably stay 4 channel though for the safety net and night day performance increase.

I never noticed much difference tbh (apart from absence of ice mode - still happens a bit due to dodgy intermittent wheel sensor), but I only use the car on the road with normal road tyres..

#249 james_ly

james_ly

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 01:40 PM

I recently tried disabling front and rear sensors and the pedal felt firmer. The only times I've nearly crashed on track were due to locking the fronts in the wet, seriously hard to modulate.

#250 Firthy

Firthy

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 01:47 PM

Regardless will probably stay 4 channel though for the safety net and night day performance increase.

I never noticed much difference tbh (apart from absence of ice mode - still happens a bit due to dodgy intermittent wheel sensor), but I only use the car on the road with normal road tyres..

It's extremely difficult to tell unless you are right on the limit, on the road its unlikely you would really notice it. Coming in flat over Dentons which is a blind kink down hill into cascades at well over a ton you notice it. Especially when I back to back with my friends car. (the Exige has the same hardware just 4 channel.) 

Jake Hill described his brakes as better than 99% of race cars he'd driven!

Edited by Firthy, 20 August 2018 - 01:49 PM.

#251 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 04:40 PM

Seious thread drift here, but what pads is he using?

I'm on RC6 F&R, but will probably switch fronts to RC6E, as these have slightly less friction than the normal RC6

#252 Firthy

Firthy

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 05:43 PM

Seious thread drift here, but what pads is he using?
I'm on RC6 F&R, but will probably switch fronts to RC6E, as these have slightly less friction than the normal RC6

Yes apologies for the massive thread drift! Not sure which one were are using :) I think They're just RC6

#253 1cobrav8

1cobrav8

Joe is faster than me

• PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 09:32 PM

Small update,

Silencer has come off and been repacked in an attempt to get in track at rockingham next week but it’s doubtful still! 1” EP roll bar and new drop links have arrived, the old one is all unbolted I just need to drill the two plates off to drop it down. New 875cc injectors and catcams are here. The 2.9 pulley is now also fitted so hopefully I’ll find time this weekend to fit the injectors and roll bar etc so I can get out and about mapping again soon!

sJvFxcN.jpg
BwOnKw0.jpg
9ZXKYB6.jpg

#254 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 01 September 2018 - 05:50 AM

875cc is meaty!

#255 swast4

swast4

• PipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Trackdays

Posted 01 September 2018 - 08:30 AM

All sounds good, what size is the normal ARB?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

#256 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 01 September 2018 - 04:43 PM

All sounds good, what size is the normal ARB?

The OEM ARB exerts 50 lb/inch of travel apparently.

#257 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 04:54 PM

Is it quite obvious when you disable DRP, can you feel the bias come back to the rear?

Might be placebo but the pedal feels better to me as well, does that get better if you do both sensors as well?

I did a test with the FL and RR ABS disconnected. I was on a dead straight bit of road at about 30 or 40 MPH, pressed the brakes moderately and nearly flew off the road as it pirouetted by about 40 degrees. I was really shocked by just how much the DRP changes the bias.

Be careful.

Edited by Nev, 01 September 2018 - 04:55 PM.

#258 Firthy

Firthy

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 10:02 PM

I did a test with the FL and RR ABS disconnected. I was on a dead straight bit of road at about 30 or 40 MPH, pressed the brakes moderately and nearly flew off the road as it pirouetted by about 40 degrees. I was really shocked by just how much the DRP changes the bias.

Be careful.

Cheers Nev but gonna stay with my 4 channel connected for the time being :)

#259 1cobrav8

1cobrav8

Joe is faster than me

• PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 06:48 AM

The car now has a fresh 12months mot and a fresh geo, I thought all was good and the car was ready for the track. Little did I know that a raised brick on a speed bump no more than 8mm in height would ruin my plans.....

u0Pb512.jpg
F7dFgJm.jpg

Very annoyed at the time but at the end of the day there’s worst things that can happen in life. So moving on I have a few plans....

Primarily this involves getting the car ‘race ready’, I don’t plan by any means to do a full season in any championship but I would like to pick and choose the odd event and develop the car further. The mods planned so far are....

-Repair the current front end and sell it on, ill be replacing this with a slightly different front end from Racing Emotion, this will ideally be made to be quick release.
-large front splitter securely mounted to the crash box and front of the chassis etc
-stand alone mbe 9a9 managment, I think the obd tuner pro is great but is not giving me the full easy control that I want over the engine. Some of the new features will be launch control, traction control, multiple maps, small coloured dash giving multiple data channels, warning lights, shifts light etc etc.
-msa approved roll cage
-lifeline fire extinguisher
-alloy WI tank in the right hand sill
-msa rain light
-Carter master switch system
-new in date driver harnesses
-brakes-to be decided! Ideally I’d rather not touch them but it just depends if they are needed or not.
-additional silencer to cap the noise of the exhaust
-of time and money allow a brake bias valve

Few pics of the car on the setup gear...
Mb2EnUU.jpg
jrekAXw.jpg
P3SFmjH.jpg

#260 swast4

swast4

• PipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Trackdays

Posted 07 September 2018 - 08:32 AM

Damage is all easily repairable but a shame about the damage from such a tiny brick.

Nice list of work and bits, all I can say is you've got deep pockets.......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users