• Please log in to reply
366 replies to this topic

#21 Smiler

Smiler

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 03:08 PM

What's countersteer? sorry.. Elmo.. mate. type this stuff in www.google.com... loads of sites to explain driving.. or if vx220 specific use the "search" button.. top left. your very lucky. S

#22 shavedsporty

shavedsporty

• PipPip
  • 388 posts
  • Interests:errrrmmm, going to the gym, driving, sport, dvd's, music. Going out with mates......

Posted 20 February 2005 - 03:09 PM

im more worried about rickies hamster!!!!!!!! :(

#23 SPLAM

SPLAM

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,491 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 03:11 PM

im more worried about rickies hamster!!!!!!!! :(

:lol: :lol:

#24 willow

willow

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,327 posts
  • Interests:skiing, snowboarding and wakeboarding

Posted 20 February 2005 - 03:11 PM

Elmo where are you based, perhaps one of the members could take you out in their VX and show you all the things you need to know and perhaps make your life expectancy a little longer!!

#25 LazyDonkey

LazyDonkey

Lotus imposter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,748 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 03:20 PM

Prpblem i am having is ocasionally when i go around a round about or a bend my car spins the back bit comes to the front and i'm facing the wrong way

andi dont think i will kill myself i am not a risk taker

Can anyone see the slight problem we have here ? One of my lecturers at uni used to tell people they had mixed up their ambitions and capabilities and I think thats fitting here.

In my humble opinion if you are driving fast / stupidly enough to have spun more than once you are not in control of the car and I just hope to god I or no-one I love is coming the other way when you next do it.

If this is a serious post (and i really don't think it is) then the sooner you admit that you don't have the experience or skills to handle the car the better for all of us.

My first car was a Fiat Cinq sporting and I honestly think that if I'd had anything faster I wouldnt be here today. Got my first RWD at 27 and learnt the hard way what car control really is!

Slowing down is not a bad thing! Please get a grip and start admitting that you can't control your car!

(BTW I'm sure this is a wind up but it still scares the sh*t out of me!)

#26 Robbo SV

Robbo SV

• Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 03:24 PM

(BTW I'm sure this is a wind up but it still scares the sh*t out of me!)

At least you took the time and courtesy to reply with something sensible thumbsup

#27 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 03:52 PM

Surely? wheres foxy when you need him :lol:

:D

Trolls come in different flavours:

1. The Angry Newbie: This sort shows thier ignorance by saying something totally contentious, usually picking at points of style or grammar. Often posts off-topic.

2. The Eternal Newbie: A newbie who doesn't have a clue, and never will, but none the less, continues to post and reply

3. Professional Troll: Their primary goal is to lure someone into replying, so, they can make fools of them. They are often incredibly off-topic and/or anti-topic, this is one of the reasons seemly misdirected posts should be ignored, as it may not be a mistake.

4. Psycho Troll: Typically, an angry newbie who decides to get revenge. It can get ugly, quick. Psycho trolls often are mentally or emotional disturbed and may not even realize that they're trolling. To psycho trolls, what happens on the internet is very real and personal. On rare occasions real trolls will also fall into the above category and will possess the same traits. These are the sore-losers and bottom feeders of the troll community.

...this one is a bit amateur but shows most of the signs :rolleyes:

I'd like to se a pic of him and his car...

Elmo, if you still don't know what a troll is:
"An internet troll is a person who sends duplicitous messages hoping to get angry responses, or a message sent by such a person. The term derives from the phrase "trolling for newbies" and ultimately from trolling for fish; it first appeared on Usenet. The term is frequently abused to slander opponents in heated debates and is frequently misapplied to those who are ignorant of etiquette.

Trolling is often described as an online version of the breaching experiment, where social boundaries and rules of etiquette are broken. Self-proclaimed trolls often style themselves as Devil's Advocates or gadflies or culture jammers, challenging the dominant discourse and assumptions of the forum they are trolling in an attempt to subvert and introduce different ways of thinking. Detractors who value etiquette claim that true Devil's Advocates generally identify themselves as such for the sake of etiquette, whereas trolls often consider etiquette to be something worth trolling in order to fight groupthink.

Trolls are sometimes caricatured as socially inept. This is often due to the fundamental attribution error, as it is impossible to know the real traits of an individual solely from their online discourse. Indeed, since intentional trolls are alleged to knowingly flout social boundaries, it is difficult to typecast them as socially inept since they have arguably proven adept at their goal."

Posted Image

Now prove us wrong...

#28 bAAx

bAAx

• Pip
  • 211 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 04:14 PM

... had mixed up their ambitions and capabilities and I think thats fitting here.

dear elmo!

your keen and discerning about your vehicle and that is commendable, i do however agree with lazydonky..
you want to look chique in your sleek VX yet you are surprised that your rare twoseater has a mind of its own when you just want to gogo round a roundabout (and then ask what countersteer is)
whats wrong with this picture?
do you really need this forum to find out?
what do YOU think?

dont you agree that ultimately you would look sooo much cooler in your prized automobile if you actually knew it through and through, and not only the car, but driving in general?

i think youve already discovered theres more to it than looking swank, pressing the loud pedal and dissapearing glamourously in the distance

take it one step further at a time

your 17.. go karting, get that 4th hand sierra, do skid-pans, do trackday trainings, read about physics and driving techniques, try them on large open spaces and ENJOY!

then come back to the VX and enjoy it even more.. ;)

good luck (and steer clear of me for the moment, ya rookie :P)

#29 Gradi

Gradi

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 04:16 PM

elmo, assuming your serious,the reason your facing the wrong way is your turning the wheel the wrong way.If the back of the car starts to break left you need to come of the gas and steer left and vica verca.Your driving a rear wheel drive car now as against your school car which almost certainly was front wheel drive.The difference being a rear wheel drive will break away far easier than a front wheel drive.Look into the pass plus scheme you could get some theory on it plus will bring down your insurance cost considerably.If this is a wind up im old enough not to care but if you are serious for all our sakes i hope this helps

#30 B5M_VX

B5M_VX

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,835 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 20 February 2005 - 04:18 PM

lol at foxy :P

#31 Robski

Robski

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 04:26 PM

Ricky, Jules, ian, robski I dont need social comments being made please fook of if thats all you want to do ta.

Elmo

I'm not quite sure which 'social comment' you are referring to - I do not feel that I have made any inappropriate 'social comments' toward your post.

However, if you feel that my advice for you to you about getting some driver training as you are unable to control of a powerful sports car is wrong then don't take my advice.

As others have said, if serious, your posts are really quite frightening as you seem to belive that not being able to control your vehicle is fine because you have ABS and an airbag. How would these safety features assist the cyclist minding his / her own business whilst travelling in the opposite direction when the rear of your car breakes away and you take them out?

This is an issue which is very close to my heart as through the course of my work I attend the scenes of fatal accidents to see what could have been done to prevent them. Sadly, there is often very little that could be done as it is usually due to poor / stupid driving.

My post suggesting you get driver training was a serious one which many others have echoed. The safest place to do this is on a track in the car you drive everyday.

As you may have noticed we are rather protective of our forum.....

#32 elmo

elmo

• Pip
  • 200 posts
  • Interests:Masturbation

Posted 20 February 2005 - 04:43 PM

you make it sound as if i'm as volatile as TNT. I drive the VX every day to and from college and i have only spun it around 5 times in about 30 trips and i felel i'm getting the hang of it/ I see what you mean startng with a sh*t car i'm sure starting with a good car and being gentle and working my way up will get me up to the same level! by the time i'm 25 I can move on to a F430!!! Where as other people will only just be sniffing at a VX calibur car!

#33 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,275 posts
  • Interests:Plane spotting

Posted 20 February 2005 - 04:47 PM

i have only spun it around 5 times in about 30 trips

:o

#34 iceman

iceman

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,159 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 04:47 PM

2. The Eternal Newbie: A newbie who doesn't have a clue, and never will, but none the less, continues to post and reply

:o god :rolleyes: i didn't know i was a troll ;) oh!! well :lol:

#35 SPLAM

SPLAM

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,491 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 04:50 PM

So you spin it 16% of everytime you drive. :beat: As for the i'll be on a F430 when i'm 25, you big headed ******. :rolleyes: Edit: i think that may have been a little to offensive.

Edited by SamH, 20 February 2005 - 04:52 PM.

#36 speedyK

speedyK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,846 posts
  • Interests:Er... cars?

Posted 20 February 2005 - 04:56 PM

Hello Elmo :) Please post a pic of your car (before you write it off!) if you are for real. Then some of us might be prepared to take you more seriously. Personally, I find it hard to believe that someone who has no knowledge of driving skills, particularly in this age of driving sims on PS2, X Box, etc. would be interested in owning such a hard-core car – but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now because, if you are sincere, you are in desparate need of help!!!

#37 walkes

walkes

for one night only, live at the appollo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 05:31 PM

Come on give the guy a chance, he may not be around too much longer :unsure: 6 spins: - call it young dumb and full off cum. I think you need to do the 'Something about Mary trick' ;)

#38 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts
  • Interests:For those who grasp for Hir beyond the horizon of usual consciousness, preparing for the time when something powerful will present Hir-Self This advise is given...

Posted 20 February 2005 - 06:27 PM

elmo's at the runabout.... :lol: :lol: :lol: ...until he posts a piccie.... sure enough wealthy-daddy got him a digi-camera as well... :P

Attached Files

#39 B5M_VX

B5M_VX

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,835 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 20 February 2005 - 06:39 PM

:lol:

#40 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 06:57 PM

by the time i'm 25 I can move on to a F430. Where as other people will only just be sniffing at a VX calibur car!

Elmo,
This is not going to get you friends on this forum. You have to admit that you are in a slighty abnormal position of owning a sports car at such a young age. As such exercicing a little diplomancy may have been a good idea , before you started posting on this forum.
It is your total lack of diplomancy that has prompted some of the replied you have got. Many people on this forum would be more than happy to explain to you some driving techniques if you were to meet them at a get together. But the way you have introduced yourself has almost certainly put a stop to that ever happening because you look irresponsible and foolish.

I would have loved to have had a vx at the age of 17, but instead i built my own rear wheel drive cars for the very reason of learning setup and driving techniques. It is possible to drive the vx slowly and that way you can make sure that more people can see you and you will have more time to react to the road ahead. If you really do want a detailled write up on oversteer and understeer and want to learn about cars in general ( Which i think you should do , owning a vx) then do some internet searches, get some books out , play some driving games, get involved! you are 17 and it sounds like you have all the backing you need to do what ever you like. Once i learned about these things, i got more interrested and ended up going to university because that subject area was something i wanted to persue.

All IMO, but be carefull.
James

Remember: "with great power comes great responsability" the vx is a powerfull motorcar, as such, show some responsablitiy. I can promise you that should you ever kill somebody, it will be with you for the rest if your life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users