+1 :huh:
Religious person named 'robert'

#8005 Ormes

Ormes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,612 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 02:04 PM

Sky... give you a sh1t modem/router and then won't give you the username and password for broadband... had to use wireshark to sniff the LAN connection and scrape the credentials from the network level messages.  Working now though... and yes, a £60 T-Link modem/router has absolutely transformed my internet connection speed and stability.

:thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger:

#8006 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 10:07 AM

Sky... give you a sh1t modem/router and then won't give you the username and password for broadband... had to use wireshark to sniff the LAN connection and scrape the credentials from the network level messages.  Working now though... and yes, a £60 T-Link modem/router has absolutely transformed my internet connection speed and stability.

:thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger:

I wish I knew what this meant and how to do it - Sky routers are a perennial problem, they seem to degrade after a couple of years!

#8007 Ormes

Ormes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,612 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 08:10 PM

Sky... give you a sh1t modem/router and then won't give you the username and password for broadband... had to use wireshark to sniff the LAN connection and scrape the credentials from the network level messages. Working now though... and yes, a £60 T-Link modem/router has absolutely transformed my internet connection speed and stability.

I wish I knew what this meant and how to do it - Sky routers are a perennial problem, they seem to degrade after a couple of years!
There is instruction on the web/YouTube. It's not hard... 30 minutes max. Pm me if you get stuck thumbsup

#8008 SteveA

SteveA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,151 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 11:19 AM

Didn't even think about doing that. Will have to get wireshark installed and do the same, thanks for the tip  thumbsup

Which router did you buy?

Edited by SteveA, 11 June 2019 - 11:25 AM.

#8009 Ormes

Ormes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,612 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 07:59 AM

Didn't even think about doing that. Will have to get wireshark installed and do the same, thanks for the tip  thumbsup

Which router did you buy?

TP Link VR400... the wireshark thing is relatively easy, instruction videos on the net... PM me if you get stuck.

Edited by Ormes, 14 June 2019 - 07:59 AM.

#8010 Ormes

Ormes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,612 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 08:00 AM

Feelings... sometimes wish you could turn them off.

#8011 SteveA

SteveA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,151 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 03:23 PM

I'm an I.T nerd so use Wireshark quite regularly as part of my job. Thanks for the offer though.

#8012 oblomov

oblomov

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,762 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 25 February 2020 - 12:45 PM

Amazon - sending me stuff I haven't ordered.  It doesn't get charged to my account and they tell me to just 'dispose' of it rather than return it.  Wouldn't be too bad if it was anything worthwhile but it's all rubbish.  Magnetic eyelash kit anyone?  Best PM me quick before someone snaps it up. :(

#8013 Baron Von Scubadaddy

Baron Von Scubadaddy

STAGE 3.333333333333333333333333333333

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,641 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Cars,..... ! spending time asking questions about why my car won't work

Posted 26 February 2020 - 06:56 PM

some fcuker hit my white vx and fcuked off and left me with a big hole in my door !!!!!

W@nkers !

#8014 oblomov

oblomov

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,762 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 27 February 2020 - 07:31 PM

some fcuker hit my white vx and fcuked off and left me with a big hole in my door !!!!!

W@nkers !

Oooh - nasty barstewards!

#8015 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 28 February 2020 - 10:51 AM

Bloody Wu Flu.

My funds were doing really well since I moved them round to focus on the strong US economy. But now Wu Flu has buggered them up! :(

#8016 SteveA

SteveA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,151 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 03:53 PM

Too right Nev, people forget who the true victims are. The rich and their investments  :rolleyes:

#8017 hairy

hairy

Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,830 posts
  • Interests:cars, beer, nature

Posted 28 February 2020 - 05:11 PM

It's not just the US, all the markets have gone tits up.

#8018 Jetpilot

Jetpilot

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 06:44 PM

Things that have the prefix vegan to products that contain meat, just to make them feel more bloody entitled and appease them, just eat whatever you want, stop making such a bloody fuss!

Vegan sausage rolls

Vegan beefburgers

Vegan meatball marinara 

Edited by Jetpilot, 29 February 2020 - 06:45 PM.

#8019 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 06:55 PM

Can I suggest

mushage rolls

mushburgers

mushball marinara

#8020 smiley

smiley