• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#41 jasvxt

jasvxt

Scary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 03:23 PM

Think it comes natural to Eric being a Rocket scientist etc ;)

Rocket Scientist? I'm a lift attendant - fantastic job, I get to travel a lot and meet people. :lol:

:lol: Same thing what goes up must come down

#42 oblomov

oblomov

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,761 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 08 June 2007 - 11:12 AM

This is an important update. :D
From what Guy182 said about wire polarity for the fans it was obvious to me that one of us was wrong. Checking with Guy I found that his test of the fans was temp sensor triggered whereas mine was theoretical using a spare battery, assuming wire colour would indicate the correct polarity of supply.

I went about testing my fans using the temp sensor itself. The coolant temperature sensor/sender is located on the nearside of the engine block, beneath a black plate that supports various bits of loom wiring. Only the brass part of the sensor which actually screws into the clock is visible. The plug to the sensor is out of sight beneath the plate. I removed the plug thinking I would have to establish if the sensor was a make or brake, but just actually removing the sensor was sufficient to cause the fans to trigger once the ignition was switched on.

It was immediately obvious the fans were blowing the wrong way. :beat:

There are two variables, one is the polarity of supply/return to the fans, the other less obvious one is the actual pitch of the blades to push/pull the air. :D

I changed the polarity of supply to the fans and when triggered they now blow the right way. thumbsup

Once the temp sensor plug had been replaced, the fans continued to trigger all the time and it was neccessary for me to remove Fuse 8 and leave it out for 15 minutes in order to allow the ECU to re set.
After that, no probs. :lol:

In the picture the point of the steel pick is on the brass collar of the temp sensor.

Posted Image

Next to the sensor is a square headed standard type block drain plug which was the giveaway which told me where the sensor was. thumbsup

Edited by oblomov, 08 June 2007 - 11:14 AM.

#43 A13X

A13X

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 08:52 PM

Just bringing this back up for people thinking of fitting the CC from the group buy. Guy is your link still active? Doesnt work for me??

#44 Guy182

Guy182

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 09:49 AM

ust take the 2 out

http://www.guysleema...llery/v/vxt/cc/

#45 A13X

A13X

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 04:44 PM

Cheers thumbsup

#46 cheeky_chops

cheeky_chops

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,922 posts
  • Interests:my car, snowboarding and drinking

Posted 06 November 2008 - 11:04 PM

i am fitting mine this weekend with the assistance on Duncan VXR! Mucho thanks for the guide and pointers Eric + guy + others - we hope to get it done in 1 (long) day!! :lol: :blink:

Edited by cheeky_chops, 06 November 2008 - 11:05 PM.

#47 NickB787

NickB787

Gone but not forgotten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,813 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 08:14 AM

i am fitting mine this weekend with the assistance on Duncan VXR!

Mucho thanks for the guide and pointers Eric + guy + others - we hope to get it done in 1 (long) day!! :lol: :blink:

May the force be with you :lol:

#48 cheeky_chops

cheeky_chops

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,922 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 09:51 AM

with my skills it will be more "farce" than "force" :P

#49 Joe-Turbo

Joe-Turbo

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,176 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 10:33 AM

fancy popping over an fitting mine after? :rolleyes:

#50 MrSimba

MrSimba

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 10:54 AM

Mucho thanks for the guide and pointers Eric + guy + others - we hope to get it done in 1 (long) day!! :lol: :blink:

He's got the 'D-Force' with him... he'll be fine :P

#51 NickB787

NickB787

Gone but not forgotten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,813 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 10:56 AM

He's got the 'D-Force' with him... he'll be fine :P

I await your post tomorrow, that means before midnight (UK time):lol:

#52 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with making cars faster and better than the original

Posted 07 November 2008 - 06:42 PM

The D-Force :D like that one lol Well getting to Paul's at 9am for a super breakfast and then get stuck into the car.. Paul has tackled the parts list to military levels! Most impresed :) I will be home, had dinner and on my 2nd beer by 7pm :D the fact his front clam was off not long ago removes a possible PITA Looking forward to my 3rd CC install - about time my hands got all cut again :D:D:D Will be done in a day - got front clams down to 20mins now ;) Paul's is a very special example and will be taking extra special care chinky chinky

#53 oblomov

oblomov

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,761 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 07 November 2008 - 10:46 PM

If there are 2 of you and you know exactly what you're doing, a one (very long) day install is perhaps possible, however I always find it's the unexpected problems that generally throw a spanner in the works. I would anticipate a day and a half if I were you. Best of luck however it goes though. :D thumbsup

#54 cheeky_chops

cheeky_chops

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,922 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 11:14 PM

If there are 2 of you and you know exactly what you're doing, a one (very long) day install is perhaps possible

Lying in bed reading you guide (again) - are your ears burning??! :lol:

#55 NickB787

NickB787

Gone but not forgotten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,813 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 12:24 PM

well done guys :groupjump:

#56 cheeky_chops

cheeky_chops

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,922 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 09:41 PM

Alas, not quite finished - i am TOTALLY KNACKERED!! :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: Started at 9am, tidyied a few last things up and started on clam/lights. Duncan and his mate Neil turned up at 945, 3 top bacon and egg sarnies produced while they cracked on. Weather threatened to rain, only open up once really at 530pm just as we were getting liners/wheels on, phew. Neil had worked on Duncans VX before so really there were 2.5 competent people, I'm the half! :D Slowly does it, clam off, rad out new ones in, cut, back together, trim out old IC out, poped to maplin, piping, header, neil left about 5. My lovely Missus :wub: cooked us chilli thumbsup so a 15 min break. Decided to call it a day at 930. Everything done except electrics to pump, headlights, interior, "ear". Nothing too bad except the charge cooler bracket was bent on transit (the rad had to go back last week - sort out the packaging guys!!) Clam was a POP but has only just been replaced Many thanks to Duncan Imnotworthy And Neil Imnotworthy Imnotworthy

Edited by cheeky_chops, 08 November 2008 - 09:42 PM.

#57 A13X

A13X

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 10:28 PM

Great stuff, Are you planning on heading back over to courtenay's when finished to take advantage of the chargecooler? And do the 2 trusty mechanics fancy popping over to mine to fit a clutch and flywheel? ;) :P

#58 Guy182

Guy182

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 10:36 PM

Great stuff,

Are you planning on heading back over to courtenay's when finished to take advantage of the chargecooler?

And do the 2 trusty mechanics fancy popping over to mine to fit a clutch and flywheel? ;) :P

alex, if you want it fiting at a garage.. try RASP in grimsby, they've done mine and quite a few others now and at a cracking price.

#59 P11 COV

P11 COV

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,683 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Music, God, Family. Holidays.

Posted 11 November 2008 - 09:54 PM

Decided to call it a day at 930. Everything done except electrics to pump, headlights, interior, "ear". Nothing too bad except the charge cooler bracket was bent on transit (the rad had to go back last week - sort out the packaging guys!!) Clam was a POP but has only just been replaced

Have you finished yet???????????

#60 cheeky_chops

cheeky_chops

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,922 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:37 PM

No! :D

Went out tonight to put the lights/HIDs in - Duncan is coming around tomorrow to wire up the CC pump. Just got to put a couple of bits of trim back and the "ear". Jobs done! - cant drive it until i have my ohlins back (spacer issue) :(

And retrieve the 13mm spanner i dropped tightening the lights up... :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users