Good Vx Service Posts Add Them Here Please...

• Please log in to reply
234 replies to this topic

#61 BYD

BYD

• PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 08:47 AM

Just had my first service at Crownhill, MK. Did it while I waited, no problems, even washed the car. Top service. £170 inc vat. BYD

#62 njc11

njc11

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 01:35 PM

Got my VX N/A back yesterday... they had it overnight.... (They lent me the sales VXT B) ) It was booked in for a number of warranty issues, roof seals, center console, rear light cluster, engine cover (water ingress bullitin....) passenger side window... Everyone i dealt with, Michelle (she got in contact with me when the parts were in and arranged the VXT for me thumbsup ) Paula, she took the car of me when i dropped of Tuesday morning thumbsup Dave Clarke, sorted out the stuff for the engine cover (water ingress issue) and it was Dave i spoke to on my initial visit to Grimshaws thumbsup and finally Noel the technician, top bloke, had a good chin wag with him when i picked the car up yesterday... knows his stuff!! He confirmed that my car had the ABS upgrade.. thumbsup All in all Grimshaws have done me proud!! oh they even washed and leather'd the car for me B) Cheers Nick

#63 skiddo

skiddo

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 08:51 PM

[jazzclub] grrrreeeeaaatt![/jazzclub] thumbsup

#64 v13rac

v13rac

• PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:Driving, tennis, squash, badminton etc

Posted 27 July 2004 - 10:54 AM

Just picked up my 2001 vx na from Belmont in Aberdeen yesterday - I had the steering coupling replaced (steering was knocking about like crazy) and those rear tie rods that adjust the wheel alignment and also creak like hell when they heat up if they're dried out. Steering now totally solid, not a sound from the rear anymore (they also checked/set up the alignment afterwards) and the bloke Colin who services VX's there was really friendly and helpful thumbsup :D P.S All done under warranty no probs

Edited by v13rac, 27 July 2004 - 10:56 AM.

#65 slow_joe

slow_joe

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 06:05 AM

Stevens, near Horsham, Sussex, First service for my VX NA (1 year, 10000 miles), £139, while-I-waited, stamped service book, confirmed AA roadside for next year. Being low mileage (6000) I guess there wasn't much for them to do but there no drama involved. They phoned up a few days later to confirm I was happy with the service. Parts department seems quite good as well, got a spare clutch pedal spring from them in a couple of days.

#66 Tom

Tom

• Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 09:01 PM

Just had my first service done on my vxt by Belmont in Aberdeen excellent service done and Colin who service it was really helpful keep up the good work Belmont.

#67 Jase_MK

Jase_MK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,277 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 08:22 AM

Forgot about this thread.... Had the rear clam replaced on mine at Riverside in Bedford a couple of weeks ago. The car now has the following problems: Rear clam not fitted straight by any stretch of the imagination (gaps everywhere). New paintwork chipped. Centre console deeply scrathed from removing seats. Roll bar cover scrathed. Rubber seals around head restraints have been stuffed into a gap rather than glued down properly. Exhaust not mounted centrally/straight. Good work boys! :9mm: It's booked back in next month for them to rectify their cock-ups but to be honest I am losing the energy to be bothered as I'm sure the car will come out with another whole bunch of issues and so it goes on...

Edited by Jase_MK, 13 August 2004 - 08:23 AM.

#68 ic33

ic33

• Pip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:Touch Rugby (http://www.guerillas.org.uk), Hi-Fi, music

Posted 20 August 2004 - 11:16 AM

1year/10k service done yesterday by Belmont Vauxhall, Lang Stracht, Aberdeen. Overall thumbsup , £130 inc. VAT, polite people. Asked them to look at the leaking soft top again (this had been 'fixed' previously but the problem returned after a few days), they say they've had to order in new parts to sort it out, which I'm hoping will be the vxt cup seals - I'm pretty sure that will do the trick. They even seem to have, at least temporarily, sorted the free-rotating heater temp control. Will update after it goes back in to get the leak sorted but certainly recommended for now. :)

#69 Jim Mitch

Jim Mitch

• PipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, windsurfing, martial arts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 08:07 PM

Slaters of Colwyn Bay. Had to drive to North Wales last weekend with wiper not working - not easy with it raining from Banbury to the Welsh mountains. :o Slaters ordered the new motor on the Tuesday and fitted it on the Wednesday. Very efficient and friendly. Had a long chat with Justin (the VX salesman who was enthusiastic and knowledgeable). Also had a good look at their VXR Monaro, which is a beast, and the two (count 'em) VXR220's they had in the showroom. thumbsup

#70 exjagman

exjagman

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts
  • Interests:Just for the record, i'm not Welsh! - so no sheep jokes bahhh - interests - cycling, walking, photography, F1

Posted 08 September 2004 - 07:44 AM

My clutch return spring went at the weekend so I phoned Baylis parts dept on Monday. They had one in stock which I got in the post on Tuesday. At the same time I ordered two spares which came on Wednesday. They charged my card a grand total of 14p for the three springs including two 1st class posts!! thumbsup

#71 Bengie

Bengie

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,862 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 07:47 AM

EJM - did you get the approved one, or the one that Paul fits? He's found one that has a longer travel, and therefore is hopefully less likely to break...

#72 exjagman

exjagman

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts
  • Interests:Just for the record, i'm not Welsh! - so no sheep jokes bahhh - interests - cycling, walking, photography, F1

Posted 08 September 2004 - 09:35 AM

Yes, erm... I think so, definately different to the one that broke and has more turns. Part No 93181412. Hopefully I won't do my back in fitting it later :o

#73 vee ex

vee ex

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 05:42 PM

Just had my first service done on the VXT at Stevens of Horsham, West Sussex. £158 all in and so far all is thumbsup As a warranty point I mentioned I thought the passenger door was not quite perfect in closing, and they're now going to fit a new door hinge to sort it.... Part of the service was fuel system cleaner - new one on me, but no arguments with that and the car is going like an absolute rocket... :rolleyes: Must get out and put some mileage on it now - only done 2700.. :o

#74 thejonesy

thejonesy

• Pip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:Driving, Skiing, Mountain Biking, Cycling!

Posted 13 September 2004 - 11:21 AM

Slaters in Colwyn Bay: Went in on Sat am for first service. Managed to wangle it for nought because they were late delivering the car last year. Should have been £120. Fixed the heater knob whilst it was there. Tried to get a turbo for the morning while they were doing it, but not possible as the guy I normally deal with wasn't in 'til eleven o'clock. When we got back to pick it up he gave me the keys to a black turbo straight from the showroom and said go for a razz in it. Top notch, 9 miles on the clock! :D

#75 ianrm

ianrm

Joined - in the past 10.02.2004

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,097 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Football, Cars & Fish keeping.

Posted 13 September 2004 - 10:03 PM

thumbsup Motorbodies Kimpton Road Luton. Called in on friday 10th to book car in for three warrranty problems. 1. Oil leak from sump plug gasket ring. 2. Rusting oil filter. (spotted thanks to Timbo's post) 3. Offside window winds up to far. Dropped car off this morning. Courtesy bus home. Car ready at 5 o'clock. picked up and taken to dealer to collect car. No quibbling, new oil filter, new gasket ring and window adjusted correctly. Oh and the bonus of an oil change. :D

Edited by ianrm, 13 September 2004 - 10:06 PM.

#76 walkes

walkes

for one night only, live at the appollo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 04:52 AM

Just had the 10,000 miles / First Service(friday)...Car has come back and all I can say is, what the fcuk have they done the car feels like it has a more power, no nasty dip in power at ~3000 rpm. Took the car in absolutly stinky dirty after the Mid wales meet, come back as clean as when I first bought it. Nice one Drive Vauxhall. Bristol. Really a service of dreams... Bar the £141.00, but hay, I'm happy. :D

#77 Ratspants

Ratspants

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,739 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 08:23 AM

C D Bramall in Hemel Hempstead 3 Year/30k Service £169 (no air filter tho, as have K&N) Friendly and helpful receptionist, the chap who serviced the car seemed a decent chap, had a quick chat about it afterwards. The service was prompt and i had the car back by 10.30am. They even cleaned it! Crownhill at Milton Keynes had made a mess of one of the seals on the oil filter though from over-tightening on it's initial service when i bought it. Bad news is that I will soon need two new front tyres and new pads all round :( Ben

#78 TurboMark

TurboMark

• Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 06:53 PM

Just took mine to Willsons of Grimsby for it's first service (I live in Lincoln). Staff were friendly and it only cost 120 quid..................and seven pence!,which was exactly as quoted. Turbomark. thumbsup

#79 benw

benw

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 03:30 PM

Roof started leaking really badly back in summer. Wasn't too serious as it dried up very quickly but since winter came I've had big problems - even to extent that I had to remove one of the map pockets because it was mouldy. Well, I called up my dealer yesterday and they booked me in today to have a look at it. I was greeted by a friendly man with a handshake and within five minutes he agreed to order new seals (The upgraded 'Turbo' ones not the original design) and will call me when they're in. Delivery shouldn't take too long and should all be on warrantee. The dealer: Stevens Vauxhall in Horsham. I've been back to them several times in my 18 months of ownership and they've been nothing but excellent. Don't confuse them with Stevens in Crawley. Although part of the same group they are totally different and I am told the Crawley branch are rubbish.

#80 theturbs

theturbs

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:Cars and girls

Posted 29 October 2004 - 06:38 PM

Had a very good experience at Plans Motorsport near Guildford in Surrey. Can't recommend highly enough, and great to watch people who are genuinely passionate about cars doing the work. Will certainly be going back for regular servicing and any other work :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users