Good Vx Service Posts Add Them Here Please...

• Please log in to reply
234 replies to this topic

#81 jimgraham

jimgraham

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 05:39 PM

Archie Moss, Loughborough - Mediocre (may be being picky) I had really high hopes for Archie Moss in Loughborough as their customer service seems first rate. Tom who manages the service side gives a really good personal touch. They did the 20k service no problem, but: - They charged me £198 for 20k + spark plugs + brake fluid with me supplying oil!! :o - Tried to tell me the brakes pads needed changing all round - the back set do, but the front have only been on for 7k miles. there is at least 6mm left on the front. - They washed the car and the inside of it was dripping wet - water and detergent on the seats - they must have been pointing a pressure washer at the windows as my car is good at not leaking with the hard top on. It wasn't very well done either as there are straks all over it, but they did it while i was waiting to pick the car up. I always hand wash the car and never use detergent. Have to say a bit dissapointed - i should have gone back to Bayliss, Haines and Strange, but it is too far away. :( And they didn't do the service book, which i had asked them if they had done when i collected the car and they assrued me they had done! I was just a bit dissapointed :( I shall have to try some one else next time. I feel like ringing them up for a bit of a moan to be honest, but i know it wont do any good! :angry: Jim

Edited by jimgraham, 08 November 2004 - 05:39 PM.

#82 PaulS

PaulS

• PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 07:19 PM

Are there any other recommendations for a 10000 mile service in the North London, Herts area. The only post I can see seems to be CD Bramall at Hemel. Any Thoughts? PaulS

#83 Dave

Dave

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 07:16 PM

Popped in to Picador this evening, misty/foggy rear light. "No problem Sir, we will fit a new one this Friday" thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup Dave

#84 Mick43

Mick43

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Bikes, Sport (tennis, squash, gym)

Posted 10 November 2004 - 08:10 PM

I had turbo roof seals, new drivers window actuator/winder assembly, mod to stop door mirrors leaking, and a new hood - all under warranty by Underwoods at Colchester thumbsup They (Robert) did a great job, and a quality wash and clean as well.... great service........ Thankyou Underwoods thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

#85 ianrm

ianrm

Joined - in the past 10.02.2004

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,097 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Football, Cars & Fish keeping.

Posted 11 November 2004 - 10:43 PM

thumbsup Motorbodies Kimpton Road Luton.

Called in on friday 10th to book car in for three warrranty problems.
1. Oil leak from sump plug gasket ring.
2. Rusting oil filter. (spotted thanks to Timbo's post)
3. Offside window winds up to far.

Dropped car off this morning. Courtesy bus home.
Car ready at 5 o'clock. picked up and taken to dealer to collect car.

No quibbling, new oil filter, new gasket ring and window adjusted correctly. Oh and the bonus of an oil change. :D

PaulS,

Might be a bit to far North of London but it is only 1.5 miles from M1 J10.

Ian.

#86 Dave

Dave

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 09:32 PM

Popped in to Picador this evening, misty/foggy rear light.

"No problem Sir, we will fit a new one this Friday"

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

Dave

All done today with no problems, new rear light and door mirror seal mod.

Cant fault it

Dave

#87 PaulS

PaulS

• PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 05:33 PM

Ianrm Thanks fot the advice about Motorbodies, Kimpton Rd, Luton. Have just had a second service done while I waited Sat morning (about 2 hrs, very comfortable, free coffee machine, free internet, morning papers). Quoted £196 + £29 for brake fluid. Actual charge was £191 inclusive, an unusual experience that being charged less than the quote. I even had a follow up phone call to see that if I was happy. I was. I still rather do it myself but I dont get the stamp. PaulS

#88 ianrm

ianrm

Joined - in the past 10.02.2004

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,097 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Football, Cars & Fish keeping.

Posted 02 December 2004 - 02:27 PM

Paul, Glad to be of help. Ian.

#89 MartinS

MartinS

I only bought it for one summer. 14 years ago and now its gone&#

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,173 posts
  • Interests:Track days
    Pubs
    Sausages

Posted 02 December 2004 - 02:37 PM

Try Plans motorsport, West Sussex. Good rates and good service by people who understand the VX, eLISES, Nobles and other 'proper'cars. Martin s

#90 geofflowe

geofflowe

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts
  • Interests:Cars

Posted 11 December 2004 - 08:36 PM

Even though I didn't buy the car from them, Picador (southampton) have been terrific I have to say. From the courteous and enthusiastic salesmen to the paint dept through to the service centre I can't fault them. New shocker going on monday and they even pick the car up and drop it of too. Well done!! I don't often come across a 'garage' that I can recommend but they are one (oh, and Meridien Modena in Lyndhurst if they are watching!!!).

#91 slow_joe

slow_joe

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 08:03 AM

Another vote for Plansmotorsport at Dunsfold Park, Had the car over there the other day to check over the suspension after a recent rear end shunt, and a basic level geometry set-up. Graham and this team clearly know a lot about the VX/Elise and are patient enough to any answer questions no matter how simple.

#92 vxr36

vxr36

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 24 December 2004 - 07:44 AM

I never thought I would have been writing this message as I really have a very poor opinion of every Vauxhall dealer I have used. In fact the only consistantly good dealer was an Audi dealer I used some 10 years ago. But Monorep have moved me to comment...... It may be the car, as I have had issues with Monorep before but now they can't seem to do enough for me. I am dealing with Jason McKay (in the Southall branch) Imnotworthy and he looks after VX owners. He picked my car up from my house, took it away and kept me well informed as to progress. The issues were the AMM and noises from both the baffle and somewhere further back. The car came back last night completely valleted and more to the point.....fixed! thumbsup I have to say I am very impressed and I'm not that easy to please... just ask my wife!

#93 Guest_AntB (Guest)

Guest_AntB (Guest)

Posted 05 January 2005 - 12:53 PM

Thought I'd best post this here as it's the right place for it! Picador Sholing. 3rd service, cars only done 19000 miles but it was serviced at 1yr old at 2k, then at two years old at 7k, so it was a bit overdue. The car is on new tyres, new brakes, new interior following a hard fought warranty issue with the last owner, detailed ad nauseum on this very site. I was told that the car would just need an oil change. The bill: £172. This included 6x £9.35 for oil, obviously dealers buy Mobil 1 in 1 litre containers :wacko: and £10 for fuel additive. The previous bill for the last service was £125, reasonable enough. Following general consultation with members on this forum I manage to get them to knock off £10+ vat for the engine treatment (that I didn't approve). Got talked at like I was a simpleton by the service department despite the fact I clearly knew a hell of a lot more about the car (or vxs in general) than them. Second bill came back with a "Does your cambelt need changing?" comment on it, clearly it doesn't as it's a 2.2 with a camCHAIN! Though I'm sure that would freak out most owners of a vauxhall. Needless to say I won't be using them again and will return to my previous garage who really CARE about cars (one of the guys there has bought and is restoring my Pug 205 GTi!) Hope this helps. P.S. As I drove into work I was called to be asked if I knew where the key was to the bloody awful corsa I was lent last yesterday, I called back and was told it was ok, they'd found it, I don't know if I'll get called later if one of the members of staff there needs help wiping, cos I don't think they can do it themselves! :P :blink:

#94 Whiteboy

Whiteboy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,950 posts
  • Interests:F1, track days, cars ,cars and cars.

Posted 05 January 2005 - 01:11 PM

I don't know if I'll get called later if one of the members of staff there needs help wiping, cos I don't think they can do it themselves! :P :blink:

:lol: :lol: , what a bunch of loosers.

#95 Guest_AntB (Guest)

Guest_AntB (Guest)

Posted 06 January 2005 - 01:03 PM

Update, see >HERE<

Hope this helps someone. :D

#96 DanDare

DanDare

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  • Interests:VX220, ,VX220, VX220,Running, music and sport.<br>Hell! anything that's more fun than staying indoors and watching telly.

Posted 06 January 2005 - 08:59 PM

Pretty good service at Lookers Chester only £135 for 3rd service, car came back clean and the wheels were all done too. thumbsup Pity it was raining as it got dirty again on the drive home thumbsdown . Even said that my discs and pads needed doing on the front, quoted their rate £418 then said , "if you go on the VX220 website there is a section which explains how to do it yourself, and this will be much cheaper". Cheers Vauxhall, now they are giving good advice out for VX owners. Dan

#97 Richiemouse

Richiemouse

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Football (gooner), Bikes

Posted 11 January 2005 - 02:29 PM

C D Brammal Hemel Hempstead 3rd Service at 24k miles - £250 including brake fluid and cooolant change. Seemed a bit expensive but would have been ok if they'd been prepared to follow up my request to have the roof seals replaced with turbo seals. Instead they insisted the leaks are due to badly adjusted window (which is bollocks because I've adjusted it as much as possible to get a good seal without it jamming) and wanted £106 to adjust it. If they don't know about the problem with NA seals then they don't know VX's. I don't think I'll be taking it there again :(

#98 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 04:24 PM

Some of you will know how highly i rate and trust Warwich Shubrook in Diss with my VX. I know that Trescoman also rates their other branch in East Anglia. Well took mine for 3rd service and MOT on Saturday morning. The car passed the MOT after Andy their mechanic reminded me to put the full size number plate on the front and fiddled around with the CO2 meter probe up the exhaust since the first readings were marginally too high. However this was overcome by placing the probe further into the tail pipe so readings OK. Service done but after road test there was an oil leak coming from the filter housing. It appears that something went amiss when putting it back together. Couldn't grumble really since the filter housing is really difficult to get to since i put the Dbilas intake manifold on the car. It needed a part which couldn't be ordered until Monday so they apologised and gave me a courtesay car to go home in.(dealership is 30 miles away). Picked the car up today expecting some additional cost due to problem which was partially self inflicted. The surprise Cost of 3rd service £114 and because of the problem/delay with the car sir the MOT is Free of Charge Now thats what i call service Paul

#99 Richiemouse

Richiemouse

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Football (gooner), Bikes

Posted 11 January 2005 - 05:38 PM

Shame Diss isn't a bit (lot) closer :(

#100 sparky

sparky

• Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 10:54 AM

Well, high hopes for Hartwell of Norwich have evaporated after recent seals/rev counter fitting... went in before xmas complaining that car was leakier than a f***ed dishwasher and also that the rev counter buzzed and rattled at high speed. "'yes sir" said the elves "all replaceable under warranty, no quibbles. we'll sort it after xmas for you" thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup parts duly arrived this week and car went in on monday morning for the refit...all well and good apart from: i) they haven't fitted the seals properly - 2/3 areas around the a-pillar where it comes away from the surround ii) the bloody wing mirror now leaks?!?!?! :beat: iii) as i was driving off i noticed that the rev counter they'd fitted still had the old-style 'litres' in petrol gauge as opposed to nice new-version bar graph. "funny" i thought' "wonder how they managed to get one of those". answer quickly became obvious as i drove off down the road and the familiar buzzing started again - they hadn't bloody well fitted a new one at all!!!! :beat: :beat: :beat: so, cue irate phonecall this morning to said elves. it's going back in tomorrow but with very low expectations once again. should have listed to paulcp and trescoman and gone to warwick shubrook at diss/yarmouth, which incidentally is exactly what i will do in future....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)