Photo

I Am The Guy Who Appeared On Wrecks To Riches.

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#41 framauro

framauro

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 03:39 PM

balloon knot :lol:

:yeahthat: that's a classic 'term'!

#42 Cookies220

Cookies220

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 08:21 AM

balloon knot :lol:

:yeahthat: that's a classic 'term'!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :yeahthat:

Gonna remember that one.

#43 old codger

old codger

• PipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:Clay pigeon shooting, motor racing, cars and bikes.

Posted 05 December 2009 - 10:27 AM

Why the hell are you owning up to that? Would have thought it would have made more sense to keep quiet. Wonder what he is driving after all the dreaming. :closedeyes:

#44 tiff_needle

tiff_needle

• 8 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 07:46 PM

Hi guys I seem to be getting a fair bit of stick and you seem to be implying i'm not too smart when it comes to used cars. What I said to the producers is that I have around £13k to spend on a sports/fast car. Considering I knew they were buying a crashed one I thought it could be a shrewd deal as I would get it cheap and as on most makeover shows the labour most expensive bit of repairing a car would be either free or discounted compared to me going to a bodyshop myself. So I thought I could get a bargain and possibly sell it on after the show for profit, especially after it being seen on tv. Ive actually got years of experience buying from auctions and the trade so know the prices pretty well. They asked me what I wanted, and I told them look for porsches, m3s, lotus elise exige. I mean are you aware you can get a boxster for under 5k now and 3 years ago it would be around £8500 for one, and I was looking for a write off so it would be even cheaper. And as I assumed the labour would be discounted then a boxster or even a 911 could of been a goer. To be fair to the program makers the whole process behind the show was genuine, I had no clue what I was about to potentially buy as I met Dom 6 mths after the first show. I had high hopes! And was quite disappointed when the vx220 was revealed. My first thought was it wasnt even the turbo! Then Dom told me the price! ha seriously at around £13,000 it was around 3k overpriced, the summer before I looked at a LY VX220 on pistonheads in Hereford which was a Cat D for £10500 ono. So it was a bit of a let down and there would be definately no profit at that price.

#45 Yellow_or_black?

Yellow_or_black?

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,905 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 07:50 PM

I had high hopes! And was quite disappointed when the vx220 was revealed

How to win friends and influence .org :lol: chinky chinky

#46 tiff_needle

tiff_needle

• 8 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 07:50 PM

About 3 grand overpriced, thats why. Its important to know that I had no idea what car I was receiving until Dom showed me it. And the cameras were rolling all the way through to record my reaction.

Ya TIT.. You thougth it was worth just 10.5K 3 years ago and they had paid 10,750 for it CRASHED. Just goes to show how mch you really know about cars. A simple quick call could have confirmed its worth.

It could have been yours for 13,200 and you walked away..That was pratically a new car you walked away from. . Someone got a real nice car there.

Youre the mug, I suppose you would of said 'yes dom, il have it at that price, bargain, never mind its been written off' Wakey wakey, they overpaid around £ 3000 when they bought it.

#47 tiff_needle

tiff_needle

• 8 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:04 PM

I had high hopes! And was quite disappointed when the vx220 was revealed

How to win friends and influence .org :lol: chinky chinky

I am being honest I was abit. Can you imagine waiting 6 months not knowing what they had lined up, I could be getting something very special indeed. We have all seen Overhaulin and Pimp my Ride. I didnt realise the company behind it all was working on a shoestring and didnt want to lose a penny on the car. The ENTIRE principle of the show was that buying a write off and getting it repaired was a way to save money on a car, so I thought my £13k could go a long way in TV land with there dubious labour budgets and costs.

#48 tiff_needle

tiff_needle

• 8 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:05 PM

Why the hell are you owning up to that? Would have thought it would have made more sense to keep quiet. Wonder what he is driving after all the dreaming. :closedeyes:

haha thumbsup

#49 Pooh Bear

Pooh Bear

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts
  • Interests:Honey

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:06 PM

Any questions - yes, just the one: 1) Why did you decide to post on here after all this time?

#50 tiff_needle

tiff_needle

• 8 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:12 PM

Any questions - yes, just the one:

1) Why did you decide to post on here after all this time?

I wanted to know what happened to the car.

#51 tiff_needle

tiff_needle

• 8 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:17 PM

And its interesting to see what the thoughts are on the programme, the deal. Very interested in what happened to the car in between being traded in by Turbo Tomato and being on the show.

#52 ianrm

ianrm

Joined - in the past 10.02.2004

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,097 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Football, Cars & Fish keeping.

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:35 PM

We had a call from the company about a year, if I remember correctly, after the program to ask if we knew of anyone who may be interested in buying it as it had still not sold.

#53 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• 13,352 posts
  • Interests:Weaving weasels woolly hats.

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:30 PM

Sorry Tiff, you had me onside to start with. Now those that know me will realise that I am a placid mild mannered guy who tends to ignore threads that annoy, aggravate or even anger but for you, I will make an exception as you are special. We are all on here because we love our cars. Now I have already agreed that the car was overpriced and that I wouldn't have bought it but please don't come on here saying it was a disappointment and you wish it had been a Porshe and you were expecting so much more. I have an standard(ish) NA and cannot count the number of 911s I have been past on a track day and personally I love my little car. Now you say you only went into the show wanting to get a smashed up bargain repaired at somebody else's expense then sell it for a quick profit. THAT SUCKS. Let somebody else be the star of the show that genuinely wants to be on there, not just for a quick buck and five minutes of fame. I have worked with TV production companies before and have had my own 30 minutes of fame and know how tight their budgets are and not for one moment did I think where the profit for me was at others expense. Your attitude actually sickens me and I hope you now bog off to a forum where your "I'm the bloke off the telly" attitude impresses folk because frankly, nobody on here gives a sh**.

#54 jaylin

jaylin

• PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:42 PM

:yeahthat:

I wanted to know what happened to the car.

Think this could be it :rolleyes:
<<<CLICKY>>>

#55 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,102 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:42 PM

Charlie Oscar Charlie Kilo

#56 karlos78

karlos78

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:57 PM

hi if i remeber rite after the car was turned down by the gentlman,didnt the guy who repaired itat the bodyshop said he would buy it just vague memories of sumthin like that,quite a big bloke i think haa,these vxs all gud fun.

#57 Boombang

Boombang

Saxo boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 10:06 PM

hi if i remeber rite after the car was turned down by the gentlman,didnt the guy who repaired itat the bodyshop said he would buy it just vague memories of sumthin like that,quite a big bloke i think haa,these vxs all gud fun.

Off topic, but what the fcuk is that post above?

#58 Nelly Vx

Nelly Vx

3/3 Of a Queen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,928 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 10:23 PM

Yes Tiffany you have given us all the NEEDLE now kindly go away and join some other forum or as in the words of zoobeef : Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo Oscar Foxtrott Foxtrott thumbsup

#59 TurboTomato

TurboTomato

K-Series Detonator

• 13,881 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 09:50 AM

I'm not sure why there is all the hostility :unsure:

If he wanted to keep the car for a short amount of time and try to sell it on for profit, then that's his choice, surely? I was glad to see my car rebuilt as I had a lot of good memories in it (driving down to Monaco for the 2004 Grand Prix being one of them) but he was right to turn it down as it was overpriced by a long way. And that was without taking into account things like the crap respray etc.

I would also be interested as to what happened between me trading it in and it ending up on the programme - did it have subframe damage when I bought it? Why were there Turbo rear lights on it? I found my FS thread to prove that they were NA lights but unfortunately the pictures have been lost with the upgrade. The guy who crashed it is on here and he did post about it but I can't find it.

#60 jameso

jameso

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:47 AM

Last time I saw that car it was for sale on piston heads about 6 months ago for around 8k I think a little overpriced then too :P J

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users