#21 Jameshs

Jameshs

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,511 posts
  • Interests:Cars and Rock Climbing

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:46 PM

Thanks James/Joe,
Does this mean my wiring is wrong, as it is as per joes post, and James your post is the same.

Sorry James I am a bit confused by your post, could you please reexplain?
Thanks for taking an interest, your help is so greatly appreciated :)

Make sure your TB is wired this way

pin A loom - blue still goes to plug A - blue
pin B loom - brown/black goes to plug H - black/brown
pin C loom - black/white goes to plug G - brown
pin D loom - blue still goes to plug D - blue
pin E loom - brown/red goes to plug F - black/red

#22 Silky

Silky

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 07:33 PM

i had same kind of problem with mine i would push the button and the tb would click by opening a little then closing in the end it was the starter motor try putting the car in 3rd gear and rock it back and forward then try and start also check the earth cable down on the sub frame on the passenger side if this is loose the starter motor wont work hope this helps if not i only live in norfolk so if you need help silky

#23 davemate

davemate

Harrop!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,228 posts
  • Interests:Provoking Badgers

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:40 PM

further investigations into the wiring traced back to the ecu, these were found to be correct, the wiring to the map sensor is fine. upon further investigtion we are NOT getting a spark, we have pulled off the coil pack and put a spark plug into the conector and tried to ground it to see if it was sparking at all.. its not sparking. :( could anyone shedany more light on these throttle position sensors, as this is the error that the ecu isbringing up. we have tried two sets of coil packs. the caris currently down in kent (brasted) is anne around tomorrow in this area to have a look and possibly ive us a SC car to compare to?? any help still greatfully recieved, i feel its close to going but we have been working on ths all day and its stilno further along.

#24 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:52 AM

checked crankshaft sensor?

#25 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,717 posts
  • Interests:Tugging my todger.

Posted 25 August 2010 - 09:03 AM

Are you using the turbo injectors? If so the wires need to be reversed on these as + and - are the other way. Not sure if this affects the spark though. I'd recomend trying your OE throttle, yeah I know you have to rewire but its worth a try. I have an adaptor plate if you need it. This will rule out the TB as faulty. I'd guess if this is still faulty you'd need to test wires for open circuit. Are you sure the blue plug has all good tight terminals and is pushed home properly? Keep at it matey, we'll get it sorted.

#26 davemate

davemate

Harrop!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,228 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:08 AM

Thanks for the relies, tried the wiring time and again :( I really want the car running by Thursday, is anyone around today or tomorrow around either Kent or bury st Edmunds (could trailer the car up) to have a look? The injectors are the cms supplied ones, it is supplying fuel, so this implies it is ok I assume? Any idea on it not providing a spark? The cam sensor appears to be seated properly...

#27 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:11 AM

Thanks for the relies, tried the wiring time and again :(

I really want the car running by Thursday, is anyone around today or tomorrow around either Kent or bury st Edmunds (could trailer the car up) to have a look?

The injectors are the cms supplied ones, it is supplying fuel, so this implies it is ok I assume? Any idea on it not providing a spark? The cam sensor appears to be seated properly...

crank, not cam. when cranking engine do you see any rpm on the tacho?

#28 davemate

davemate

Harrop!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,228 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:12 AM

Starter motor is doing it's job by the way the engine is trying to start, but I can't see why it won't spring to glorious life.

#29 davemate

davemate

Harrop!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,228 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:17 AM

I will check for starting rpm, thanks. Good idea. :)

#30 davemate

davemate

Harrop!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,228 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:37 AM

Right! The car shows no rpm while turning over, although I would have thought it would have come up on the odb reader? Would this also cause the tps to throw up, or does it look like I am dealing with two separate issues? Great advice guys, it's all really helping me from going mad, it's been weeks of tinkering going nowhere:(

#31 alanoo

alanoo

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:50 AM

further investigations into the wiring traced back to the ecu, these were found to be correct, the wiring to the map sensor is fine.

upon further investigtion we are NOT getting a spark, we have pulled off the coil pack and put a spark plug into the conector and tried to ground it to see if it was sparking at all.. its not sparking. :(

I never tried it, but I am not sure it is supposed to spark in these conditions while not sensing any compression

#32 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• 13,717 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 11:07 AM

I assume everything was running OK before you starting fitting everything which would make it unusual for the crank sensor to fail. If the injectors are wired wrong it will not be opening when its being told so I'd check that one. Unfortunately I cant remember which one is which (Joe??). Have you reset the ecu and seen what codes youre getting now?

#33 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 11:09 AM

I assume everything was running OK before you starting fitting everything which would make it unusual for the crank sensor to fail. If the injectors are wired wrong it will not be opening when its being told so I'd check that one. Unfortunately I cant remember which one is which (Joe??).

Have you reset the ecu and seen what codes youre getting now?

don't think there is much in a crank sensor to fail, more likely snagged wiring or continuity or loom error

#34 davemate

davemate

Harrop!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,228 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 12:06 PM

Crank sensor has now been replaced to no avail :( Injectors are pushing out fuel, so the ecu should therefore be expecting the engine to spark? Wiring has been checked so many times now :(

#35 Jameshs

Jameshs

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,511 posts
  • Interests:Cars and Rock Climbing

Posted 25 August 2010 - 12:47 PM

Is the coolant temp displayed as 999

#36 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• 13,717 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:06 PM

What error codes is it currently chucking out. This might help. If theres anything you need to try I've got most spares, just shout up. We'll get this beast going!

#37 davemate

davemate

Harrop!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,228 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:46 PM

we have now replaced the crank sesor and are refitting the sc and manifold. next is the injector wires to swap over. i dont think the coolant reads off a temperatre till its upto heat? (will check this next when itsback together. doesanyone have a list of where al the wires on the ecu go?wire 31, looks like it may be slightly pinched, but if its for lights i know that these are ok. thanks for the offer of parts FLD, i will keep you posted on how things turn out. may end up caling on you, but hopefull wont have to take you up on your offer :)

#38 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:51 PM

Assuming I'm reading the circuit diagram correctly, the wire from pin 31 is throttle pedal sensor related - looks like it goes to one of the two sensors. Hope that turns out to be your problem.

#39 davemate

davemate

Harrop!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,228 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:56 PM

ahhhhh! brilliant. that is next on my list then! wil try and put that back together. can someone confirm tha the wires need to be swaped over on the z20let injectors for the conversion? FLD said that he wasnt sure if this was needed, we are getting fuel out of the injectorswith them as they are.

#40 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 02:00 PM

I thought fuel injectors had no polarity :unsure:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users