260 replies to this topic

#221 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

So annoying I got my own room.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts
  • Interests:Music, Cars, Beer, Boxing.

Posted 29 April 2011 - 05:20 AM

Your right, it was my second ever track day about three years ago and is where I first met Max and I can still remember the advice he gave me

Yeah Max did the same for me at Silverstone a few years back. He's given me a few tips over the years that have really helped!

thumbsup Oh and the video is flattering, I didn't realise at the time but Cliffie was still trying to back us up for the unofficial photoshoot, oops :rolleyes:

:lol: x 10,000

#222 MAXR

MAXR

I’m jealous of Batman’s driving skills

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, Golf, classic Ferrari's

Posted 29 April 2011 - 06:52 AM

Dave, Your tubby is so sorted on track! Top, top driving too! As I said before, it was a fabulous session, I really enjoyed it. Just sensible, fast driving on hot tyres on my favourite track, with great weather & with a fab bunch of people in silly plastic cars...Awesome! ...you have so mastered the track! Looking forward to another session with you soon! Hopefully, we can get a few peeps together again. Max

#223 VXT Tim

VXT Tim

No it's not a Lamborghini!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,421 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:45 AM

After about 5 hours it's finally uploaded. The edit in the middle was for the 20 or so seconds I was behind the mr2 and was needed to keep it under 15 mins.

Didn't look like the boost was backing off at all in that vid Dave and you certainly looked 'on it' :D

#224 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:39 AM

AArrgghh, I wanna play tooo!!!! :( Wish I went to this sooooo much!!

#225 Guy182

Guy182

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:04 AM

you should have mate was a top day!

#226 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:00 PM

you should have mate was a top day!

I'm just so skint coz of racing etc!! I'm actually racing there later in the year so have to have a test day to learn the circuit but BHP owed me a free credit so I've cashed that in for a date in July. If I DO book any more track days (which is doubtful) it will have to be Snetterton or Brands as I'm racing at those too and I've never driven either. looks an awesome day and I really want to get a dry day out with Max as it always rains when we meet up (apart from when he cheats and brings a 2-11 :lol:).

The National is gonna be fun though :D

#227 Dave E

Dave E

I LOVE SNETTERTON

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,116 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 03:17 AM

As I said before, it was a fabulous session, I really enjoyed it. Just sensible, fast driving on hot tyres on my favourite track, with great weather & with a fab bunch of people in silly plastic cars...Awesome!

:yeahthat: and thanks for the tow Max, the PB data showed it definitely helped thumbsup :)

#228 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 06:40 AM

As I said before, it was a fabulous session, I really enjoyed it. Just sensible, fast driving on hot tyres on my favourite track, with great weather & with a fab bunch of people in silly plastic cars...Awesome!

:yeahthat: and thanks for the tow Max, the PB data showed it definitely helped thumbsup :)

Oooh, files :) Can I get a copy of your best lap for my homework??

#229 MAXR

MAXR

I’m jealous of Batman’s driving skills

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, Golf, classic Ferrari's

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:24 AM

I always find that following someone reasonably quick on track or when there's a couple of you following each other around for a "Cat & Mouse" session, makes your times drop. It just goes to show how much quicker we can all actually go around.

Now all I need are a new set of Nitron 46mm's with stiffer springs. I stiffened my shocks at Cadwell to compensate for my soft springs, but found that it was "bobbling" a little too much. I would love to go for either 2 or 3 way dampers, but I'm struggling to get my head round translating what the car's doing on track to what adjustments will need to be made on the dampers. Im sure I probably end up not messing with the settings too much. Is there any idiots guide to adjusting dampers...?

I also may get rid of my rear diffuser, not sure why I've been carrying a lump of iron around with me for so long. I also want a decent plywood front splitter. Finally, I have to get an intercom, so that I can get some tuition. What changes do you guy's want to do to your cars? I must also try & sort out my squeally brakes, mind you when you play back the video clips, at least you can hear when the brakes are being trailed or applied! A small bonus?

Max

#230 Dave E

Dave E

I LOVE SNETTERTON

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,116 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:43 AM

No problem, I'm still at work at the moment so will send it later this morning thumbsup I will be expecting the files from your trip there though ;)

I always find that following someone reasonably quick on track or when there's a couple of you following each other around for a "Cat & Mouse" session, makes your times drop. It just goes to show how much quicker we can all actually go around.

Now all I need are a new set of Nitron 46mm's with stiffer springs. I stiffened my shocks at Cadwell to compensate for my soft springs, but found that it was "bobbling" a little too much. I would love to go for either 2 or 3 way dampers, but I'm struggling to get my head round translating what the car's doing on track to what adjustments will need to be made on the dampers. Im sure I probably end up not messing with the settings too much. Is there any idiots guide to adjusting dampers...?

I also may get rid of my rear diffuser, not sure why I've been carrying a lump of iron around with me for so long. I also want a decent plywood front splitter. Finally, I have to get an intercom, so that I can get some tuition. What changes do you guy's want to do to your cars? I must also try & sort out my squeally brakes, mind you when you play back the video clips, at least you can hear when the brakes are being trailed or applied! A small bonus?

Max

As Cliffie said it's always easier to follow and I couldn't agree more, I was noticably less ragged after you got pass and I could follow some of your lines.

Good luck if you get the two or three ways, I know what happens when I adjust my shocks but if that then effects another two settings I think my brain would go into meltdown :wacko:

Funnily enough I've made a splitter with a changeable leading edge. The main part is made of 2mm alloy which replaced the small tray and extends out from the clam slightly where the ply leading edge is attached. Now I've decided not to use it because for one it weighs nearly 4kg. The other reason is that being mounted to the bottom of the front towing eye and directly onto the clam any small mishap could turn into a clam recker.

#231 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:59 AM

No problem, I'm still at work at the moment so will send it later this morning thumbsup I will be expecting the files from your trip there though ;)

Yeah no worries fella, my files are always freely available to anyone :) I always swap with Dynamo, he's really good at translating the graphs and I learnt loads about the software from him thumbsup It's amazing quite how different two laps can be even if they're identical times!

#232 VIX

VIX

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,497 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:40 AM

I'm struggling to get my head round translating what the car's doing on track to what adjustments will need to be made on the dampers.

:yeahthat: I need to stiffen up the back of my car to stop it bottoming out but don't know whether this is a fast bump adjustment or a slow bump adjustment and if any compensating rebound adjustment is needed. I'll probably have to get some advice from Steve Guglielmi.

There's some guidance here http://www.tvrmonste...amper Guide.pdf but I can't say it makes a great deal of sense to me! :rolleyes:

#233 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:04 AM

I'm struggling to get my head round translating what the car's doing on track to what adjustments will need to be made on the dampers.

:yeahthat: I need to stiffen up the back of my car to stop it bottoming out but don't know whether this is a fast bump adjustment or a slow bump adjustment and if any compensating rebound adjustment is needed. I'll probably have to get some advice from Steve Guglielmi.

There's some guidance here http://www.tvrmonste...amper Guide.pdf but I can't say it makes a great deal of sense to me! :rolleyes:

That's the reason I went with single adjustables. Just makes it easier!! I'd like to be able to isolate the bump to back that off in the wet, but that's the only thing I would use, and it's still adjustable with singles anyway!!!

Also the reason I don't buy into the cornering force setup either as that just brings in MORE variables!

#234 Dave E

Dave E

I LOVE SNETTERTON

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,116 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:08 AM

File sent good Sir, let me know if it doesn't reach you.

#235 VIX

VIX

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,497 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:39 PM

Also the reason I don't buy into the cornering force setup either as that just brings in MORE variables!

Same reason I don't have an adjustable front ARB.

#236 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 01:42 PM

Same reason I don't have an adjustable front ARB.

Less variables for me. Other than slightly upping the "clicks" on the rear after it was first fitted, the only adjustment I've done has been on the roll bar blade itself.

#237 SteveA

SteveA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,151 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 03:55 PM

Any chance of a copy? I can send you my fastest lap too if you want?

#238 Dave E

Dave E

I LOVE SNETTERTON

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,116 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 04:18 PM

Any chance of a copy? I can send you my fastest lap too if you want?

Your welcome to it, just pm me your email.

#239 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 04:31 PM

Dave, what the fcuk am I doing wrong with this cnutbox? I've just stuck the SD card in the PC and all I've got is a 8 files called BESTxx.TXT, 7 files called LAPS-xx.TXT and 8 files called RESULTxx.TXT in the /DATA directory. Nothing else that Circuit Tools or even Performance Tools recognise. I even created the new DSF directory and downloaded the splits files for Cadwell from the Performance Box site (and made sure I'd loaded them up on the Performance Box through the lap timing menu). Think that firmware upgrade fuggered more than just the Micro Input Module.

#240 Dave E

Dave E

I LOVE SNETTERTON

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,116 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 04:58 PM

Dave, what the fcuk am I doing wrong with this cnutbox? I've just stuck the SD card in the PC and all I've got is a 8 files called BESTxx.TXT, 7 files called LAPS-xx.TXT and 8 files called RESULTxx.TXT in the /DATA directory. Nothing else that Circuit Tools or even Performance Tools recognise.

I even created the new DSF directory and downloaded the splits files for Cadwell from the Performance Box site (and made sure I'd loaded them up on the Performance Box through the lap timing menu).

Think that firmware upgrade fuggered more than just the Micro Input Module.

I've just looked at the card again and it looks like your getting everything except the important ones :beat: Seems your missing the PBOX_*** files. Might be worth doing the firmware upgrade again, saying that, out of 6 sessions I did I only got the results from 3, luckily the last session was one of them. I'm fairly sure my problem is down to the satellite connection dropping out which only seems to be reset if I turn the thing off and on again, yes it really works :lol:

At least with the LAP-xx you've got the basic lap times.

Just a thought, do you set the start line on track? don't know if it makes a difference but I always do. Sorry can't be of more help but mine just sort of worked from the box and I'm not just trying to rub it in :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users