engine swap audi tfsi

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#61 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with making cars faster and better than the original

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:02 AM

I tested the bmc kit on a high power vxt back to back on the rr against the 83mm full intake kit Dave hardwick makes and we still saw a really good increase in power. Steve I would go with the itg enclosed item with same spec internal filter as proven to produce the same power as the open just quieter or look at a version of the kit I did with Dave which you have heard and saw proven to work Or have a go at making something up Can always teat a few options on the rr DG

#62 Crabash

Crabash

Scared

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:55 AM

Was thinking of having a go at boxing in what I have before splurging cash.

#63 myles

myles

Sausagefest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:05 AM

Wow, that was an ambitious transplant. Good work sir!

#64 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:08 AM

Was thinking of having a go at boxing in what I have before splurging cash.

Make sure its not heavy steel ;) DG

#65 TazN

TazN

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,931 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Airsoft, American Football, Cars

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:41 AM

When I first saw this thread yesterday I knew it was going to be good so waited till lunch and enjoyed every second of it.

Top job to all those involved.

#66 Crabash

Crabash

Scared

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:05 PM

When I first saw this thread yesterday I knew it was going to be good so waited till lunch and enjoyed every second of it.

Top job to all those involved.

I thought it would be more interesting with a bit of history as to why I went down the routes I did, I'm sure lots of people had a similar experience when modding and it may help others looking at modding, even if not the VAG engine conversion.

There should be more photos and updates to come. Just busy sorting out OP-COM, VAG-COM and Revo SPS software. Need to log things and see how it's doing. Went out thinking of doing brakes but the wind drove me back indoors, must get the garage sorted.

So glad it's home and really pleased with the positive attitude from everyone, thanks.

#67 Crabash

Crabash

Scared

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:08 PM

Nice to see you have stayed with motronic, albeit the 7 series. All the tuning software and tools I have will work perfectly with this too , when you want to get a bit more involved with adjustments.

Missed this yesterday, sorry.

Would be nice to learn a little more, always up for that.

#68 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:11 PM

Nice to see you have stayed with motronic, albeit the 7 series. All the tuning software and tools I have will work perfectly with this too , when you want to get a bit more involved with adjustments.

Missed this yesterday, sorry. Would be nice to learn a little more, always up for that.

May not be so straightforward now it's got Revo software on there.

#69 Crabash

Crabash

Scared

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:24 PM

Missed this yesterday, sorry. Would be nice to learn a little more, always up for that.

May not be so straightforward now it's got Revo software on there.

Just been looking at the SPS and reading about what it can do, I have boost, timing and fuel parameters, on 3 performance presets and 1 stock preset along with an anti theft mode on or off. Boost and timing seems pretty straight forward, just log with VAG-COM and make small changes to find the optimum, the ecu will not let you do damage and will just back things off if you push too far, but this backing off will lose performance obviously. Fueling is more vague, says you can ask for a target AFR but it will still only deliver what it can without damage, same deal as boost and timing but it says leave alone unless you have a good understanding of AFR and it's effects.

#70 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:21 PM

Starting list for you Steve ;)

K04 tfsi engine - cleaned sump and pickup prior to install (common issue that can block when ran on long life service schedule)
ITG filter / revo intake pipe / custom silicon reducer with recirc connection and turbo high flow adaptor on turbo (same as the ones made for the VX220 turbo)

DG custom machined alloy billet mounts and uprated vibratecnic mounts all round
DG custom downpipe and exhaust (Dave Hardwick backbox) im a dog person and no cats here lol all 3" with no reduction and all mandral bends
DG custom Intake bracket on rubber mounts
DG custom mounting for coolant tank again on rubber mounts
DG custom fuel line install
DG spec custom S155 steel one piece shafts (audi inner / Vaux outer)
HPFP autotech
DG spec Pro alloy charge cooler with uprated core
Revo stg2+ ecu work with extra work requested (including linear map addition)
Triple pass pro alloy radiatior
2-11 gear selector and 2-11 motorsport cables modded to fit
DG rose joint conversion on gearbox
Chris@EFI custom wiring install of oem management / mod VX220
DG custom boost and coolant hose install - upgrade 70mm from CC > 70mm TB
Usual full service from fuel filter to oil / uprated plugs etc etc
Larger baffled pro alloy tank

Uprated pickup fuel pump

DG custom gearshift cable mounts

Air con deletion and short belt mod

Most of the other work was nut / bolt rebuild with well everything replaced / upgraded Posted Image its a looooooonnnnngggg list but sure Steve can go through it when he has time some bits already covered

DG

#71 Crabash

Crabash

Scared

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:10 PM

Will get round to it shortly. List for transplant and list for everything else we did that was not needed for transplant.

#72 Crabash

Crabash

Scared

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:03 PM

Just been bleeding brakes with the help of Ivan, cheers mate. Got very little air out so gonna have to get it on tech2 I think. Gave Ivan a little taste of the car but it's a bit cold and wet to let it off the leash even on low boost. Promise I will give you another blast when we get some better weather.

#73 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:20 PM

Def not the weather Steve! Worth the wait Ivan Get those abs ports triggered. Those pads still need bedding in fully also. DG

#74 Crabash

Crabash

Scared

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:28 PM

There seems to be stopping power but having to push really hard like there was no servo, wishing the festive period was over so I can get on. Only time I have at the min is when everything is closed and family expect certain things, rest of the time I'm working.

#75 ciderbooze

ciderbooze

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts
  • Interests:cars, fishing, beer, football.

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:45 PM

Happy to help steve and first glimpse of the work ,albeit in fading light , looked very nice indeed. I know the car had so much more to give on our short run out as you where barely tickling the throttle but it still pulled like a train I think the wide rubber on the back helped to stop it spinning up . Looking forward to a dry run. It may be nearly as fast as mine now :) Top work Duncan

#76 Crabash

Crabash

Scared

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:58 AM

Don't think it will ever be as fast as yours mate. Wish we had time and conditions to stretch it's legs a bit, next time.

Edited by Crabash, 01 January 2014 - 01:04 AM.

#77 ciderbooze

ciderbooze

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts
  • Interests:cars, fishing, beer, football.

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:19 AM

Aye roll on spring/summer you'll have all those little jobs sorted by then .

#78 jevienju

jevienju

• 4 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:51 AM

Impressive work. Congratulations, it's fantastic.

#79 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:20 PM

Happy to help steve and first glimpse of the work ,albeit in fading light , looked very nice indeed. I know the car had so much more to give on our short run out as you where barely tickling the throttle but it still pulled like a train I think the wide rubber on the back helped to stop it spinning up . Looking forward to a dry run. It may be nearly as fast as mine now :) Top work Duncan

Ssssh, don't intimidate the SC kids ;) LOL

#80 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:14 PM

Don't start whinning Nev ;) lol DG

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: engine swap, audi, tfsi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users