278 replies to this topic

#201 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 10 May 2016 - 04:52 PM

has anybody actually claimed?

if not, then we should be able to negotiate a club scheme with a better risk profile

#202 P11 COV

P11 COV

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,683 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Music, God, Family. Holidays.

Posted 10 May 2016 - 05:06 PM

Just renewed my insurance. Forgot about it until today when it ran out so had no time to look around. Anyway it hadn't gone up....£349 like last year. However I was told I had unlimited trackdays last year but the renewal says 6. Also increased excess in Nov and Dec. The increased excess in Nov and Dec is interesting. I could understand it being as it's winter?  But what about Jan and Feb?  Any thoughts on that?  

Trackday Insurance

Your policy comes with 6 UK and EU trackday insurance. You must notify us at least one working day before the event by email info@hendersontaylor.co.uk to be insured to do the event

Trackday excess is different to your normal excess, its 10% of the vehicle value however in  November and December Its 20% 

My email said the same will have to ask about this as he also said unlimited TDs Think it's only new customers which get limited tds

That doesn't make sense as I was an existing customer renewing.

#203 gaffer1986

gaffer1986

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 05:08 PM

Just renewed my insurance. Forgot about it until today when it ran out so had no time to look around. Anyway it hadn't gone up....£349 like last year. However I was told I had unlimited trackdays last year but the renewal says 6. Also increased excess in Nov and Dec. The increased excess in Nov and Dec is interesting. I could understand it being as it's winter?  But what about Jan and Feb?  Any thoughts on that?   Trackday Insurance Your policy comes with 6 UK and EU trackday insurance. You must notify us at least one working day before the event by email info@hendersontaylor.co.uk to be insured to do the event Trackday excess is different to your normal excess, its 10% of the vehicle value however in  November and December Its 20%           

My email said the same will have to ask about this as he also said unlimited TDs Think it's only new customers which get limited tds

I think new customers also only get 6 track days now. Then £25 per subsequent track day.

#204 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

I ADMIT BATMAN THINKS HE IS QUICKER THAN ME

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,727 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 05:08 PM

So am I but think it's a generic email Will give him a phone after my days at work to ask

#205 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

I ADMIT BATMAN THINKS HE IS QUICKER THAN ME

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,727 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 05:09 PM

Existing customers was unlimited track day cover

#206 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 05:27 PM

FFS my insurance policy document quite clearly says 5 track days only. It's ERS you'll be haggling over a claim with not HT!!!

What do others have on their insurance policy document - not an email from Matt??

#207 gaffer1986

gaffer1986

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 05:28 PM

FFS my insurance policy document quite clearly says 5 track days only. It's ERS you'll be haggling over a claim with not HT!!!   What do others have on their insurance policy document - not an email from Matt??

Can't argue with that.

#208 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 10 May 2016 - 05:35 PM

mine is up for renewal , so I emailed to check , I asked for the key points of the policy 

Agreed value

Free Trackdays UK & EU

Fully comprehensive UK & EU

Legal cover UK & EU

#209 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 05:41 PM

mine is up for renewal , so I emailed to check , I asked for the key points of the policy    Agreed value Free Trackdays UK & EU Fully comprehensive UK & EU Legal cover UK & EU

emailed from Matt yes?

#210 ArticMonkey

ArticMonkey

On the run from the grammar police!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 08:00 PM

Renewed today with agreed value and unlimited TD's also. Stage ??? Harrop all singing all dancing 9 YNC aged 28 for £570. It seems ERS offer different perks for different brokers. A1 insurance couldn't match HT on agreed value if I were to park my car on my drive instead of the garage. Also only 5 TD a year. I'm happy with everything and the service from Matt.

#211 Kieran McC

Kieran McC

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Fast cars,Track Days.

Posted 10 May 2016 - 08:38 PM

Renewed today with agreed value and unlimited TD's also. Stage ??? Harrop all singing all dancing 9 YNC aged 28 for £570. It seems ERS offer different perks for different brokers. A1 insurance couldn't match HT on agreed value if I were to park my car on my drive instead of the garage. Also only 5 TD a year. I'm happy with everything and the service from Matt.

What mileage per annum restriction have you got or is it unlimited ?

#212 Mattyboi

Mattyboi

• PipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 08:50 PM

I got mine insured with them last month, here are the details:-

• Age = 33
  • Sole driver
  • Job = Mechanical development engineer.
  • Clean licence - held for 16 years.
  • VX220 NA 2003.
  • 8000 limited miles
  • Garaged at home
  • Social Domestic and Pleasure, commuting.
  • 9 years NCB on another car.
  • Mods declared (Coilovers, ITG carbon intake, full exhaust, TMS remap, uprated brakes, interior carpets and carbon trim, front splitter plus turbo spoiler)
  • £250 total excess
  • Unlimited UK and EU trackday cover
  • Agreed value = Approx 8K but getting this arranged at the moment.

£388

Edited by Mattyboi, 10 May 2016 - 08:51 PM.

#213 gaffer1986

gaffer1986

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 09:00 PM

Got to be worth more than £8k?

#214 ArticMonkey

ArticMonkey

On the run from the grammar police!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 09:15 PM

What mileage per annum restriction have you got or is it unlimited ?
I'd have to check but think it's about 4000miles.

#215 Chris P Duck

Chris P Duck

I can change this?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 09:33 PM

Just renewed my insurance. Forgot about it until today when it ran out so had no time to look around. Anyway it hadn't gone up....£349 like last year. However I was told I had unlimited trackdays last year but the renewal says 6. Also increased excess in Nov and Dec. The increased excess in Nov and Dec is interesting. I could understand it being as it's winter?  But what about Jan and Feb?  Any thoughts on that?  

Trackday Insurance

Your policy comes with 6 UK and EU trackday insurance. You must notify us at least one working day before the event by email info@hendersontaylor.co.uk to be insured to do the event

Trackday excess is different to your normal excess, its 10% of the vehicle value however in  November and December Its 20% 

My email said unlimited track days but the paperwork said 5 or 6 (I forget which) included in the premium. I called him up about it and he said the email said unlimited track days, it did not say unlimited track days included. So 5 are free and you can pay for as many additional ones as you like after that. Hence no limit on the amount you can do in a year, if you pay for them. A bit cheeky and close to being purposefully misleading if you ask me. I urge anyone who thinks they have unlimited track days to ring up and check. I'm also worried about this not counting no claims thing, it's my only insurance policy as my other car is insured through my work, I don't want to loose my 10 years no claims and start from zero again if/when I change.

Edited by Chris P Duck, 10 May 2016 - 09:37 PM.

#216 Ivor

Ivor

Billy No Mates

• 1,871 posts
  • Interests:Sheep & Ducatis
    and now bees

Posted 10 May 2016 - 10:43 PM

Just renewed with matt £286 tubby stage 4, 6 track days, bargain.

#217 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 11:38 PM

I'm obviously not very clear on this. On the insurance policy from ERS I have only 5 TDs. I have been told by HT that I have unlimited TDs. If I have a 6th track day who's going to stump up if I have a prang?

#218 gaffer1986

gaffer1986

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 06:10 AM

How does ERS know how many track days you've had? ;)

#219 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 06:31 AM

How does ERS know how many track days you've had? ;)

good question! I called them and basically they don't, they rely on the broker to keep track. So if say you have to make a claim on your 8th track day, presumably Matt will have to fib and tell them it was your 4th or something. If serious injury was involved then Matt would find himself under a bit of pressure.

#220 gaffer1986

gaffer1986

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 06:35 AM

That's what I assumed ;) Maybe we should keep it quiet for all our benefit.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: insurance, track days, cock rings, badgers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users