• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#41 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:56 PM

Anyway you're a 40 something driving around in a flashy sports car - bet there's loads of info about what that says about you and your genitalia.

Really? Have you taken a look at how dirty, scruffy and home made my car is? I don't think anyone could say it's flashy, except maybe a blind person!  

Joking apart, I hope your genitalia aren't as dirty!

#42 Ali87

Ali87

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 05:46 PM

It's either a seiko or a casio, not sure. It's black and was £14.99 in Argos. No point me having a nice one as I'd lose it up a cows arse or smash it

#43 oblomov

oblomov

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,760 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:51 PM

I can vouch 100% for what Nev says about these pathetic people. People who wear unnecessarily expensive watches suffer from a number of diverse psychological conditions. It demonstrates basic feelings of inadequacy. A basic need to show the world that they are successful. That they are able to needlessly squander money on foibles that are beyond the reach of the average person. They have underlying feelings of inadequacy and worthlessness and the wearing of an expensive watch gives comfort to that inadequacy and demonstrates 'I am as good as or better than you'. On the whole these people are very sad and psychologically maladjusted and the Casio wearers of society should look upon them with pity rather than treat them with disdain for their their tasteless and ostentatious displays of wealth. I personally haven't got any time for them.  ;)

#44 RabnaKS

RabnaKS

If anyone can talk Bllx, I can!💣

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts
  • Interests:MTB, VX220, oh & cars, golf, sarcasm with humour!

Posted 30 June 2016 - 08:28 PM

Rolex Batman

Posted Image

Posted Image

no shot with VXT yet...

Tapatalked from GALAXY S7

That looks like it was taken specifically for Instagram? Lovely watch specially placed sun gigs?😂

#45 RabnaKS

RabnaKS

If anyone can talk Bllx, I can!💣

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts
  • Interests:MTB, VX220, oh & cars, golf, sarcasm with humour!

Posted 30 June 2016 - 08:47 PM

Can't add pics, can't paste from Photobucket & the forum took my subscription!🙄 Tag Linear LS, waiting for a Uboat? If I wait as long for the Uboat like I did for the Tag, I'll never own one?

#46 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,275 posts
  • Interests:Plane spotting

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:50 PM

I can vouch 100% for what Nev says about these pathetic people. People who wear unnecessarily expensive watches suffer from a number of diverse psychological conditions. It demonstrates basic feelings of inadequacy. A basic need to show the world that they are successful. That they are able to needlessly squander money on foibles that are beyond the reach of the average person. They have underlying feelings of inadequacy and worthlessness and the wearing of an expensive watch gives comfort to that inadequacy and demonstrates 'I am as good as or better than you'. On the whole these people are very sad and psychologically maladjusted and the Casio wearers of society should look upon them with pity rather than treat them with disdain for their their tasteless and ostentatious displays of wealth. I personally haven't got any time for them.  ;)

:)

#47 henjb

henjb

• PipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Interests:Cars (classic minis and vx's), kayaking, sailing, drinking beer (-:

Posted 01 July 2016 - 06:26 AM

Omega sea master. Only because I have an Aston and I think I'm James Bond Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#48 oblomov

oblomov

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,760 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 11:55 AM

:)

There's no fooling Jules. :D

#49 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 01 July 2016 - 12:10 PM

Tissot - various , I blame having to walk past the Swiss centre in Leicester Square to the office On my wrist now - Fitbit Surge

#50 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 12:15 PM

On my wrist now - Fitbit Surge

Thanks for the reminder. Took mine off earlier to charge it. 5 days life, my arse.

#51 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• 13,717 posts
  • Interests:Tugging my todger.

Posted 01 July 2016 - 12:20 PM

I don't think I have psychological disorders.....just a very small penis! Seriously though, I don't think I look down on people for what they have. I just like mechanical stuff. Happy to be corrected though if I've been an Arse. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#52 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 12:24 PM

Thanks for the reminder. Took mine off earlier to charge it. 5 days life, my arse.
Techie, Fitbit, lol lol lol ahh my sides are hurting!!

#53 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• 12,795 posts
  • Interests:Footy, Tennis, Fire.

Posted 01 July 2016 - 12:26 PM

Techie, Fitbit, lol lol lol ahh my sides are hurting!!

Whatever could you be implying Chris..... :P

Edited by rob999, 01 July 2016 - 12:27 PM.

#54 Stevie Dubyah

Stevie Dubyah

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Interests:Invasive Operations

Posted 01 July 2016 - 12:36 PM

I have a lovely Panerai Destro. I wear it on my left wrist, because I am a rebel.

#55 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• 22,602 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 12:56 PM

McDonalds happy meal superhero watch :D

#56 Gedi

Gedi

404 Not Found

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Nothing

Posted 01 July 2016 - 01:16 PM

Haha   thumbsup

I don't think I've ever noticed a watch on someone's arm before. In fact I have no idea which of my friends and family even own a watch.

Edited by Gedi, 01 July 2016 - 01:18 PM.

#57 oblomov

oblomov

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,760 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 02:01 PM

I don't think I have psychological disorders.....just a very small penis! Seriously though, I don't think I look down on people for what they have. I just like mechanical stuff. Happy to be corrected though if I've been an Arse. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just taking the pi$$ as usual.

Currently (today) I'm wearing what I think you wear, a TT sub.  Also have a GMT 2 similar to that of Gilgamesh and a number of other Rolex but I don't post pics because inevitably some will interpret them as an ostentatious show of wealth.  I often wear a titanium Tissot 'Touch', also an 18k gold Rotary Skeleton watch which was a 16th birthday present and an old watch that was my father's which I spent a lot of money having restored.  I like watches, wear a different one every day including some nice cheapo plastic ones.

In general, (as previously stated elsewhere but slightly edited) if someone is happy to wear a Casio because after all it needs to do is tell the time, wear it by all means and, no-one is judging them for that. No-one's calling them cheapskates, saying they haven't got taste. If they're happy to choose their main wardrobe at Matalan and their only suit (who needs two?) at Marks and Sparks, because they serve the purpose of clothing you, that's fine. (Heh, just bought tracky bottoms in Matalan this morning). :) And, if you're at ease driving a Perodua Kelisa 1.0 EX because it quite adequately serves the function of getting you from A to B without the unnecessary expense and pandering to image that a more expensive car might bestow upon you, OK. If it suits your purpose to celebrate important family occasions with Asti Spumante, and you think Pinot Grigio is an Italian football player, so be it. If your idea of a few drinks and dining out is a couple of pints of rubbing alcohol followed by meths chasers because they hit the spot just as surely as wasting money down the pub on more expensive stuff; followed by a takeaway curry, or fish and chips on your lap in the front of your Perodua, rather than indulging in the wasteful pastime of dining in a restaurant, fine. If you run a hair trimmer over your head with a number 3 on it because a trip to the barber's shop is not only an affectation but also a criminal waste of money and time, OK. The point is not about cost,  it's about being able to take pleasure in owning and enjoying some of the finer things in life, after all isn't that what life is about? What these 'things' may be and where someone may be prepared to spend their hard earned money varies according to personal taste and means. Functionality and cost are not necessarily the prime criteria taken into consideration when buying such 'things', if they are criteria at all. These 'things' may be necessary or they may be an indulgence or they may be both, but that's not important. What is important however is the pleasure they bring and the enjoyment a person gets from owning them.

We are all individuals and what we own/wear may or may not be motivated by a desire to show wealth or status.  For example, personally, I avoid as much as possible any clothing with overt branding on it.  I wouldn't be seen dead in a polo shirt with a huge picture of a polo pony on the front. Why? because why should I be an unpaid walking advert for a product.  Superdry?  Feck off!

How can you pick on a particular type of possession and stereotype someone you don't even know and kid yourself that actually, yes, you do have deep (pseudo?) psychoanalytical insight into what type of person they are and what motivates them?  It demonstrates a failure of self understanding and says a lot more about the stereotyper's need to be judgemental than the the person being judged.  If you're unaware of the degree to which your brain will automatically - based on preconceived criteria - stereotype your opinions of people for you, then you're unaware of how weak your thought processes really are.

#58 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 01 July 2016 - 02:15 PM

still on freeserve dial-up , it does the job...

#59 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• 15,275 posts
  • Interests:Plane spotting

Posted 01 July 2016 - 02:31 PM

I think this thread needs some input from Foxy :D

#60 D-Dub

D-Dub

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:F1
    Squash
    Computers

Posted 01 July 2016 - 03:19 PM

And all this because I posted a pick of my latest on FB !!! :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users