modificationsexige lightweight

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#21 haggi961

haggi961

1cobrav8 is my god

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:Keeping fit and in shape, and pretty much anything to do with an engine.

Posted 20 November 2016 - 10:43 AM

Vxige... will this upset luke lol

Already done it and badge made up so anything after me will never be number 1 😜😂
Posted Image

#22 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 20 November 2016 - 01:46 PM

i like that this new one is the s1 exige shape

#23 Johnboyhgt

Johnboyhgt

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Tracks, Mods

Posted 20 November 2016 - 05:56 PM

Don't get it - I own both a lotus and a VX as do many others. In my opinion that's just ruined a piece of motoring history. Want a lotus buy one !! Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

#24 haggi961

haggi961

1cobrav8 is my god

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:Keeping fit and in shape, and pretty much anything to do with an engine.

Posted 20 November 2016 - 06:26 PM

Don't get it - I own both a lotus and a VX as do many others. In my opinion that's just ruined a piece of motoring history. Want a lotus buy one !! Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

In life people like you want to be like sheep and follow each other. For me I like people who are different and want to add there own stamp on the pride and joy. Best way to describe it is built not bought.

#25 Johnboyhgt

Johnboyhgt

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 06:39 PM

In life people like you want to be like sheep and follow each other. For me I like people who are different and want to add there own stamp on the pride and joy. Best way to describe it is built not bought.

I'm no sheep and at the moment my car is in a million pieces all over my house, it will be rebuilt better than it was made. But I respect it for how it was designed it's shape and it's styling as intended - not a copy. Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

#26 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 06:48 PM

but you copied someone else,  so really yours is number 2.... 

#27 bladerunner

bladerunner

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 06:54 PM

If you were designing your own bodywork to go on the car I would agree with this statement but your not. You're copying a Lotus. Surely that's the definition of being a sheep ?

#28 Jimmy-Boy

Jimmy-Boy

• PipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 06:58 PM

What is the cost of these kits?

#29 AleVX220

AleVX220

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 07:34 PM

Hence an entire bodywork listing on ebay. I did wonder why. Good luck and hope you have fun with your project

my advice would be to split the 'kit' and sell the front lights, rear lights, clams, doors and sills on their own thumbsup

you would also get more for them ;)

Sound advice - thanks Vocky :)

#30 AleVX220

AleVX220

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 07:36 PM

Already done it and badge made up so anything after me will never be number 1 😜😂
Posted Image

Where did you get that badge made up :)

#31 AleVX220

AleVX220

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 07:36 PM

So the blue vx clams on eBay are yours?

Yes, need to get them up on here too 

#32 Baron Von Scubadaddy

Baron Von Scubadaddy

STAGE 3.333333333333333333333333333333

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,641 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Cars,..... ! spending time asking questions about why my car won't work

Posted 20 November 2016 - 07:47 PM

I like the vx its better looking than the Loti ! :grouphug:  :wub:

#33 haggi961

haggi961

1cobrav8 is my god

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 07:51 PM

Nope not copied at all so your wrong. Show me a s2 2010 cup Exige built on a vx then?

#34 haggi961

haggi961

1cobrav8 is my god

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 07:56 PM

If you were designing your own bodywork to go on the car I would agree with this statement but your not. You're copying a Lotus. Surely that's the definition of being a sheep ?
So what is the hennessey venom gt classed as, fastest car in the world but still looks like a lotus but has its own tweaks. Not a standard lotus by all means.

#35 haggi961

haggi961

1cobrav8 is my god

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 07:59 PM

Posted Image

Where did you get that badge made up :)
Got it made up from my local vinyl shop after my mate come up with the design 😀

#36 ArticMonkey

ArticMonkey

On the run from the grammar police!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 08:01 PM

People who throw stones and all that......

#37 Johnboyhgt

Johnboyhgt

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 08:15 PM

I guess in the end it's a marmite car - I wish you all the best with your build OP. Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

#38 harboged

harboged

• PipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 08:18 PM

The clams themselves are seriously light yet strong and well constructed – so they aren’t some of the usual fibreglass cr*p out there.

What do you estimate the weight saving to be?

#39 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:20 PM

Nope not copied at all so your wrong. Show me a s2 2010 cup Exige built on a vx then?
You copied manus or whatever his name was, yea he didnt use a 2010 exige specifically but it was still an s2 exige.. Anyway...

#40 haggi961

haggi961

1cobrav8 is my god

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 04:51 PM

You copied manus or whatever his name was, yea he didnt use a 2010 exige specifically but it was still an s2 exige.. Anyway...
Wrong, 1. manus car is a Opel speedster 2. Turbo model 3. Gt3 Exige body work with wide arch kit and big wing 4. Full carbon fibre body 5. Track car 6. Quick release clams 7. Modified vx parts to fit My car 1. Vx220 2.Na that's been supercharged 3. 2010 oem Exige bodywork used 4. Oem carbon fibre Roof, engine cover ect which is the limited edition 260 cup Exige 5.All lotus parts used so panels bolt in as they should. 5. Front Vx220 louvers The list go on. So you couldn't be more wrong. Only thing the same with mine and Manus car is the wishbones and that's it. So I'm taking the first vx220 to be converted to a S2 Exige status.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: modificationsexige, lightweight

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users