General Election Looming

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#121 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,521 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted Today, 07:19 AM

It was $2 to the £ in around 2007.

Knife crime in the US is still worse than ours.

I've personally observed the £ declining against most of the other major currencies for decades now, Brexit (and a long enduring aftermath) is going to make that decline faster IMO. For instance, when I went to Switzerland this year I was staggered by the price of food, honestly it was dramatically expensive. Yet when I was a young child we used to holiday there and not really notice the costs.

The crazy US gun/knife crime stats are city based I'm sure, so long as you don't chose to move to down-town Chigago etc I doubt one would notice it TBH.

Edited by Nev, Today, 07:22 AM.

#122 C8RKH

C8RKH

Super Duper Member

• 521 posts

Posted Today, 07:26 AM

Rose spectacles again. Life in rural US is damned hard for the people who live there with no jobs, poor town and county funding and infrastructure that in place borders on 3rd world etc. Again, it's about wealth and job.

I love the US. It's stunningly beautiful in many places. But if you want quality of life you need to be urban, unless you want to live a remote life.

However. As I said good luck. What car would you have there? Some wonderful roads.

#123 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,546 posts

Posted Today, 10:31 AM

As someone else said.

I are Blue, I are remain... WHAT THE fcuk DO I DO?!!?!??!?!??

Half tempted to just not fcuking vote, which is a crime imho

#124 C8RKH

C8RKH

Super Duper Member

• 521 posts

Posted Today, 10:42 AM

You vote Blue as Corbyn will just fook you over more anyway, unless you are:

1. Unemployed currently (you will be soon into Corbyn's reign anyway)

2. Employed in an industry that is heavily unionised - as they will make sure you keep a job right until the industry fails because they have made it non competitive

3. In education - cos you my son are going to get all sorts of free stuff thrownj at you under Corbyn so why would you not want to be in education

Brexit will happen, so vote Blue, let's get it done, and move on.

#125 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,662 posts

Posted Today, 10:57 AM

I are Blue, I are remain... WHAT THE fcuk DO I DO?!!?!??!?!??

The tactical voting sites are telling me to vote Labour in my constituency. There's just no way that's viable for me. I'd rather have the hardest of hard brexits than put my cross anywhere near those lunatics (and they'll be even more lunatic after this election now they've binned off most of the remaining New Labour types).

I'd vote for whatever tree hugging numpty the Greens put up but that's just likely to mean the current Labour guy gets back in.

Rock and a hard place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users