Saving The Vx With A New Project!

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#41 alparks

alparks

• Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:55 AM

I can't wait to see what it's like when it's finished. What colour did you go for in the end? (sorry if i've missed that somewhere else)

well the colour has been going over my mind for 6 weeks - i hate choices! :D

well i did have chrome orange on my mind for a long time. i know that if i went chrome orange i would really love it, and from some pics would look really amazing! my worry with chrome orange (some of you make think its daft) that after 6 months or so (maybe alot longer), i get a little fed up with driving around in a bright - bright orange car (everyday car). :( i also plan to have this car a long time.

my choice was then stealth black - think it look amazing :wub: but this has been done a few times and wanted something a little different.

so it has come down to 3 colours which will be finalized this week :

1. gun metal - bentley do a nice one, or the one on the shelby gt 500 is done in.
2. lamborghini dark metallic grey (really dark in certain light and really light in others.)
3. audi R8 dark metallic grey, again really dark in certain light and really light in others

i really fancy a dark metallic grey, because i love the black and choices 2,3 look really dark in certain light!

Edited by alparks, 03 March 2009 - 09:22 AM.

#42 alparks

alparks

• Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:57 AM

o yeah forgot that! :D well at least its far far away from me and my car :tt: maybe comnig to a town near you :o

where.where .......... tell us :D

the exhaust went to..................................SCUNTHORPE NORTH LINCS, thumbsup

#43 VXJON

VXJON

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:46 AM

Well done Al thumbsup

#44 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:00 AM

bmw Imola red, aubergine purple or flat black :D

#45 AliM

AliM

insert humour here

• 9,146 posts
  • Interests:playing cars and general mischief.

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:04 AM

I can't wait to see what it's like when it's finished. What colour did you go for in the end? (sorry if i've missed that somewhere else)

i really fancy a dark metallic grey, because i love the black and choices 2,3 look really dark in certain light!

I think that'll look really nice, with black wheels?

The orange would have been great though too.

:)

#46 alparks

alparks

• Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:30 AM

bmw Imola red, aubergine purple or flat black :D

funny that, i have a friend who is painting his car imola red at the moment, and i did have a stage of going for that. :D

#47 alparks

alparks

• Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:11 PM

o forgot this picture......... it a stage further of the door handles mentioned earlier in the project, only needs rubbing down again, tidy any blemish's if any, then painted.

Posted Image
By alparks, shot with W350i at 2009-03-03

#48 MMSB

MMSB

• Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:35 PM

well firstly, my wheels arrived friday................

Did you buy them from TMS?

I ordered mine from them for quite a while but they don't seem to come...

#49 Yellow_or_black?

Yellow_or_black?

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,905 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:42 PM

Just me, but if I had the choice of any colour on the planet to spray my car - grey would be the last on the list... :sleepy: Sorry :blush: I've had mandarin for 15 months now, and love it more each time I look at it - ETA: partly because it looks different in every light, which is part of its gorgeousness :wub: :wub: Are you sure you'd get sick of orange? :unsure:

Edited by Yellow_or_black?, 03 March 2009 - 10:44 PM.

#50 Crazyfrog (Fab)

Crazyfrog (Fab)

Iceman

• 22,801 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:58 PM

Just me, but if I had the choice of any colour on the planet to spray my car - grey would be the last on the list... :sleepy: Sorry :blush:

I've had mandarin for 15 months now, and love it more each time I look at it - ETA: partly because it looks different in every light, which is part of its gorgeousness :wub: :wub: Are you sure you'd get sick of orange? :unsure:

lighting yellow :wub:

#51 alparks

alparks

• Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:07 AM

Just me, but if I had the choice of any colour on the planet to spray my car - grey would be the last on the list... :sleepy: Sorry :blush:

I've had mandarin for 15 months now, and love it more each time I look at it - ETA: partly because it looks different in every light, which is part of its gorgeousness :wub: :wub: Are you sure you'd get sick of orange? :unsure:

im not sure i would get sick of orange :unsure: . it has been on my mind for such a long time. hmmmmmmmm now you got me thinking again... :wacko:

but i really like these two colours.................

Posted Image
By alparks at 2009-03-04
Posted Image
By alparks at 2009-03-04

Posted Image
By alparks at 2009-03-04
Posted Image
By alparks at 2009-03-04

but i also really like thi colour, but im not sure how it would look on the vx....

Posted Image
By alparks at 2009-03-04
Posted Image
By alparks at 2009-03-04

comments would be a great thing chinky chinky

Edited by alparks, 04 March 2009 - 08:13 AM.

#52 Crazyfrog (Fab)

Crazyfrog (Fab)

Iceman

• 22,801 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:12 AM

Posted Image
By alparks at 2009-03-04

comments would be a great thing chinky chinky

thumbsup :)

#53 alparks

alparks

• Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:15 AM

thumbsup :)

you think this would suit a vx.... i do like!

#54 Crazyfrog (Fab)

Crazyfrog (Fab)

Iceman

• 22,801 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:20 AM

deep and rich color and goes with the wheels ...... smart and simple :wub: Grey is nice but not on all the car ;)

Edited by crazyfrog, 04 March 2009 - 08:22 AM.

#55 drpau

drpau

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:40 AM

How about Krypton green?
Posted Image thumbsup

Also is it just me or are the lines above the front wheel on the grey Lambo just like the VX? The way it swoops over and down and then doesnt line up with the lines of the door properly! Pure VX :lol:

#56 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:47 AM

Also is it just me or are the lines above the front wheel on the grey Lambo just like the VX? The way it swoops over and down and then doesnt line up with the lines of the door properly! Pure VX :lol:

Yeah, maybe we lent them a designer and in return they gave us a job lot of the airbags fitted to our cars. :D

#57 AliM

AliM

insert humour here

• 9,146 posts
  • Interests:playing cars and general mischief.

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:55 AM

How about Krypton green?

:lol: OMG, You and Krypton geen!! stop trying to inflict it on everyone else, just have done with it and paint your own!

#58 Yellow_or_black?

Yellow_or_black?

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,905 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:13 PM

Not a fan of the 'burgundy' :P How about photoshopping a VX in the colours you like and putting the pictures up somewhere - so you can look at them all day. You'll soon work out which colours you like, and which you get sick of seeing :)

#59 drpau

drpau

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:33 PM

I :wub: my Lambo airbag, I hope I never have to get up close and personal with it though...

How about Krypton green?

:lol: OMG, You and Krypton geen!! stop trying to inflict it on everyone else, just have done with it and paint your own!

Someone needs to do it! ....Must... resist....... Plus I need a funkin job before I spend any $ :lol: Applied for a couple of Post-doc positions as I prefer the relaxed university lifestyle to a pressurised real world RESULTSRESULTSRESULTS environment :D

Is yours finished yet? Hearing aid beige you were going for wasnt it?

KRYPTON GREEN.
Posted Image

#60 alparks

alparks

• Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:59 PM

Not a fan of the 'burgundy' :P

How about photoshopping a VX in the colours you like and putting the pictures up somewhere - so you can look at them all day. You'll soon work out which colours you like, and which you get sick of seeing :)

cant photoshop :(

anyone want the job? chinky chinky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users