103 replies to this topic

#41 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,795 posts
  • Interests:Footy, Tennis, Fire.

Posted 11 October 2010 - 03:24 PM

Noticeably better; a shed load more torque for starters :)

#42 VXT Tim

VXT Tim

No it's not a Lamborghini!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,421 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 03:26 PM

Different league. Somebody once said the jump from standard to 2 is more noticeable than the jump from 2 to 4.

#43 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with making cars faster and better than the original

Posted 11 October 2010 - 03:38 PM

The jump from oe to full stage 2 can be more then 2-4 but depends on spec - l/b fly, larger intake pipes etc etc all make a difference and if you have everything but a CC or IC, VXR injectors and a remap (oh and VXR turbo) then it is still a big difference but would say having most of the good bits the biggest hit for the money is going to stg 2 I find oe feels...........well slow :D even though it is still very quick and covers ground quick. N/a feels like my 1st car in terms of power :P Strange how you just get used to a certain level of power and once there for a while everything else just seems slow :o never should a lambo feel ok in a straight line :D VX soaks up the power soo well that it does not always feel as crazy as a high powered fwd hatch as an example but next to each other the difference is clear DG

#44 VXT Tim

VXT Tim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,421 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 03:48 PM

DG what, roughly, would you say is the limit in terms of feasible peak bhp/lbft the milltek (2.75) will deliver with pretty much stage 4 spec gubbins? Ta

#45 turbobob

turbobob

2/3rds of a Queen

• 13,833 posts
  • Interests:Football - support Derby County
    Photography
    CARS!!
    Computers (oh no not another nerd....)
    Travelling

Posted 11 October 2010 - 03:49 PM

I'm in Borrowash. I think I do recall you saying that you are in Hilton, as you and PaulusH have had a rendezvous in the romantic supermarket car park didn't you ? :gayfight: :lol:

No, it was another calypso n/a I spotted in the car park (and never got to the bottom of who it was!)
Then some time later ran into Paulus H around the roundabouts of Hilton. I followed him for a bit and he pulled over for a quick chat.
What would you say the stage 2 is like vs the standard tubby ?....a nice little bit extra or massively better ?

As others have said, the stage 2 is soo much better than standard. Whilst the other half wasn't impressed, I'm really glad I made the change.

Somebody else used this phrase, "the stage 2 made the VX220 the car it should be". Quite right.

#46 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 03:58 PM

DG what, roughly, would you say is the limit in terms of feasible peak bhp/lbft the milltek (2.75) will deliver with pretty much stage 4 spec gubbins?
Ta

Think 290 is realistic Tim - some make a bit more but certainly the 2.5 version seems to hold back at 280's and 3" seem to have another 10bhp to release but they do vary. Also which cat used etc plays a part

You want a nice spread of power rather than peak power ;) would have 290 over a few hundred rpm over 300 for 100rpm every day of the week

sure 350ft/lb has been had but would need to look at the graphs

DG

#47 VXT Tim

VXT Tim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,421 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 04:16 PM

Cheers guru x

#48 Winstar

Winstar

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,264 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 04:33 PM

DG what, roughly, would you say is the limit in terms of feasible peak bhp/lbft the milltek (2.75) will deliver with pretty much stage 4 spec gubbins?
Ta

once again there is no such thing as a 2.75" miltek they are all 2.5"

My old courtenay stg 4 (now P11COV's) made 295 bhp and 305 lbft with a 2.5" miltek

#49 iVXT

iVXT

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 04:45 PM

How much would you guys say a vxt can comfortably handle while still running on oe Bilstein's & Bridgestones just out of interest? Interesting thread here. Cheers.

#50 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 04:49 PM

Surely that's defined by your control of your right foot and to a lesser degree the condition of the tyres and suspension?

#51 VXT Tim

VXT Tim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,421 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 05:01 PM

Ta

once again there is no such thing as a 2.75" miltek they are all 2.5"

My old courtenay stg 4 (now P11COV's) made 295 bhp and 305 lbft with a 2.5" miltek

Ok thanks thumbsup more than enough.

#52 darronwall

darronwall

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,706 posts
  • Interests:the older i get the more my genitals look like jeremy clarkson

Posted 11 October 2010 - 07:15 PM

does liam post on here? whats his username,i would like to pm him i cant send or receive email at the moment so pm is ideal cheers darronchinky chinky

#53 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 09:41 AM

does liam post on here? whats his username,i would like to pm him
i cant send or receive email at the moment so pm is ideal cheers darronchinky chinky

Not very often as he gets stuck on the phone most of the day as it is :o he is on holiday atm. Quickest and easiest way is to call ;)

DG

#54 WrightStuff

WrightStuff

i am sheldon cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 12:30 PM

I'm in Borrowash. I think I do recall you saying that you are in Hilton, as you and PaulusH have had a rendezvous in the romantic supermarket car park didn't you ? :gayfight: :lol:

No, it was another calypso n/a I spotted in the car park (and never got to the bottom of who it was!)
Then some time later ran into Paulus H around the roundabouts of Hilton. I followed him for a bit and he pulled over for a quick chat.
What would you say the stage 2 is like vs the standard tubby ?....a nice little bit extra or massively better ?

As others have said, the stage 2 is soo much better than standard. Whilst the other half wasn't impressed, I'm really glad I made the change.

Somebody else used this phrase, "the stage 2 made the VX220 the car it should be". Quite right.

At what bhp/lbft do you need to consider overstressing/heat management in other components and think about upgrading them ?
Since the big names in tuning: Courtenays, Thorney, MMG etc seem to offer a stage 2 package consisting of just a remap+exhaust+airbox mod I presume they deliberately reign the map in if everything else on the car is standard ?

Wrighty

#55 VXT Tim

VXT Tim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,421 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 12:43 PM

My car has been running a stage 2, 241bhp 283lbft for over 3 years, no airbox mod. Just a full milltek and a map. Had no issues.

#56 turbobob

turbobob

2/3rds of a Queen

• 13,833 posts
    Photography
    CARS!!
    Travelling

Posted 12 October 2010 - 01:27 PM

I think something like 250 - 260 bhp and 280lb/ft you may want to think about your clutch. Otherwise overstressing you are talking stage 4 plus really (although to get stage 4, you will need injectors and turbo). Pah, 241 bhp Tim :gayfight: You need to get a real stage 2 :lol:

#57 iVXT

iVXT

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 01:35 PM

I think something like 250 - 260 bhp and 280lb/ft you may want to think about your clutch. Otherwise overstressing you are talking stage 4 plus really (although to get stage 4, you will need injectors and turbo).

Pah, 241 bhp Tim :gayfight: You need to get a real stage 2 :lol:

What would you guys say for best full exhaust system at the moment Chris Tullett, Larini or any other suggestions?

Cheers

#58 turbobob

turbobob

2/3rds of a Queen

• 13,833 posts
    Photography
    CARS!!
    Travelling

Posted 12 October 2010 - 02:06 PM

I think something like 250 - 260 bhp and 280lb/ft you may want to think about your clutch. Otherwise overstressing you are talking stage 4 plus really (although to get stage 4, you will need injectors and turbo).

Pah, 241 bhp Tim :gayfight: You need to get a real stage 2 :lol:

What would you guys say for best full exhaust system at the moment Chris Tullett, Larini or any other suggestions?

Cheers

Personal preference really and what stage you are looking at. Stage 4 you would be better with a 3" exhaust. I think for Stage 2, the 2.5 or 2.75" is better tuned than a 3".

As for brand, well I love the sound of my Milltek. But all the other exhausts are favoured by others, i.e. Chris Tullet, 2ubular etc.

#59 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 02:11 PM

Latest revised 2bluar out now (few small changes made for even better fit to stop undertray fouling and has a shorter 90deg bend etc) - got 2 turning up next week and had no problems myself with the quality - tillet looks like a nice but if kit also but time frames for me favour Jims ones :) DG

#60 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 02:13 PM

but time frames for me favour Jims ones :)

There's something I never I thought I'd read when it comes to 2Bular. :rolleyes:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users