• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#61 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:32 PM

There's a (Dutch) dyno day planned for 20/10 in Wateringen. (Opel Manta club) Would be nice to see some different Speedster SC mapppings there and off course a very good way to check if your full load enrichment is correctly (safe) mapped and you have no detonation. :sleep:

Edited by Exmantaa, 18 September 2012 - 12:39 PM.

#62 alexb

alexb

• PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:10 PM

Very interested to join. What does it take to attend?

#63 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:21 PM

Very interested to join. What does it take to attend?

40 euro for a run.
last years visit: http://www.speedster...opic.php?t=4973
The cool thing about the maha bench, is that it does not require any special strapping down. just 1 strap on the rear toweye (asuming you have one, or exmanta usually brings his big one, that attaches to both bolts) and a few fat blokes in the seats for downforce. (i can provide that part)

Edited by smiley, 18 September 2012 - 01:28 PM.

#64 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:35 PM

Current highest SC-Speedster-to-beat was Rob (Speedster4fun) with something like 259pk for a Stage 2(+) :happy: (I really, definately want to make it this year with my Yellow project. Still unmodded LSJ/Saab SC engine, but would be fun to see the HP differences in displacement and ecu-mapping.)

Edited by Exmantaa, 18 September 2012 - 01:37 PM.

#65 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:53 PM

Put the harrop on frank :tt:

#66 martylemoo

martylemoo

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:09 PM

Can anyone confirm the correct wiring for the throttle plug? conflicting advice within this thread. Cheers

#67 leevx2.2

leevx2.2

Turbo's are for girls and throttle bodies are too slow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,830 posts
  • Interests:Taking apart vx220s for fun
    getting p!!sed
    genraly playing with large power tools

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

Can anyone confirm the correct wiring for the throttle plug? conflicting advice within this thread.

Cheers

Follow instructions not drawing and you will be ok

#68 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

Can anyone confirm the correct wiring for the throttle plug? conflicting advice within this thread.

Cheers

Pin side
Original: ..... ...... ...... Switched:

D C B A ..... ==> ....... D G H A
H G F E ..... ==> ....... B C E F

The letters are written on the connector.

#69 vpreda2003

vpreda2003

• 3 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 01:56 PM

Hello,
Please, help me!
I have an Opel Vectra C 2003 with Z22SE or L61 engine. I want to convert him from naturally aspirated to supercharged. But, in my country, for cars older than ten years, we are obliged to make technical verification in every year and I think that conversion will cannot not be legalized. So, I want to make this conversion in that way that in any moment to can be revert back to initial state. I have mediu knowlige for auto mechanics and is my favorite hobby. I understand that I should purchase, the supercharger with manifold, and to make some parts relocations, but I have some other questions:
1. Why should I change my injectors, is only for connections and pipes or is for flow capacity (debit)
2. Why is need it to change the belt tensioner, it is not enough the original tensioner?
3. For cooling can I use the original engine system?
4. Is realy necessary to remap ECU?
5. Who can make the remap operation?
6. After mechanical reconversion to initial state, the remapped ECU can be used without reprogramming?
7. If the ECU itself must be revert to initial state, is it not more convinient to have a secondary spare ECU with original map on it?
8. What else modifications should be done?
9. It is really necessary to change the throttle?
Thank you!

#70 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 02:02 PM

1- standard ones aren’t big enough
2- you don’t change the tensioner you add on a idler pulley
3- engine coolant system doesn’t change. You need to add a chargecooler for the intake manifold or run low power
4- yes
5- obdtuners
6- you need a remap
7- all you have to do is put a original map back on
8- nothing
9- no you can use original throttle body but will need to make/buy a plate to allow this to fit

#71 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 02:42 PM

Would the testers even know if the uprated components were not standard?

#72 vpreda2003

vpreda2003

• 3 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 02:58 PM

Thank you for your answer and I know that thread is for VX220 and not for Vectra C, but I think we talk about same engine. I wish to buy parts from eBay and I want to buy from begin only what is absolutly necesary, till I'm not sure that everything will work. So:
1. For begining, if I'll keep original injectors, engine will run at a lower power or will not work at all?
2. Do you have a picture with idler puley? Where is monted?
3. For cooling manifold cannot be used same engine coolant system?
4. I saw that exist a dual pass manifold. What is the difference?
5. For begining, if I'll keep original ECU with my base map, engine will run at a lower power or will not work at all? I'm sure that I will got some errors, but I don't want to spend money on remapping and to see that does not work. Remappin procedure is not cheap.
6. Seems I will be forced to revert for few days in every year to obtain tehnical periodical inspection, I thing is more cheap to buy a secondary ECU with base map and set for my car.
7. What do you recomment, to buy a plate or a 68mm throttle?
Thank you very much!

#73 gertje

gertje

• PipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 04:11 PM

From your qeustions i understand that you don't know verry good wath supercharged is
1. Original injectors are good for max 190 Hp, if you Running original injectors you Running low on feul, so you going to burn your engine
2. Pully is mounted on thé alternator with longer screws
3. Cooling system gives coolingwater from 80/90 and is foto cooling your engine. Cooling for thé mainfold need to be as cold as possible so you intake temperature is low
4. Dual pass is thé cooling water from thé SC systeem going a faster way thro thé mainfold so it keeps it coolder
5. Don't know what your base map is but you have a tmap and other throttle body so you need a other program that support these things also a deleted egr
6. Don't know what country you live but, with obd tuner it's just a few minuts to change thé map
7 buy a 68mm throttle?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: supercharger, supercharger install, install guide, supercharger how to

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users