Don't apologise. Great job!

#42 Matteo21

Matteo21

• Pip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport - Design

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:45 PM

Thanks Rally,

In ZZ Kit there are more pieces of what is really needed!!!!!!

you have any pictures of the kit and when you installed? You mapping the ECU in counternays?

in the club speedster Italy, we are 4 people who want the kit, I am informing!!!!

I thought about buying used, but we prefer to have everything completely new

Are you know these kits?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/NAL-17800003/Application/?prefilter=1

http://www.crateenginedepot.com/Ecotec-22L-CavalierSunfire-Supercharger-Kit-17800003-P10368.aspx

#43 Matteo21

Matteo21

• Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:58 PM

Goonsenka I like this forum, I was afraid to speak here, for my english

you have a photo of your VX220

#44 Goosenka

Goosenka

Jeep Driving jolly nice chap

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,716 posts
  • Interests:Fried breakfasts, coffee and dogs

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:05 PM

Here is my build thread :D

http://www.vx220.org...adventure-no-1/

#45 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,177 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:09 PM

Pay Joe to go to Italy. He could supply and fit full kits I'm sure! He might find a young Italian girl thumbsup

#46 Rally

Rally

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:00 AM

Thanks Rally,

In ZZ Kit there are more pieces of what is really needed!!!!!!

you have any pictures of the kit and when you installed? You mapping the ECU in counternays?

in the club speedster Italy, we are 4 people who want the kit, I am informing!!!!

I thought about buying used, but we prefer to have everything completely new

When I bought the ZZP kit, I was hoping that I may be able to get their radiator to fit but it doesn't. Not even close. (I later sold it on Ebay so got some money back on it :) ). It still worked out a whole lot cheaper than buying all parts you do use from Courtenays and I definitely wanted to fit new parts rather than used. I have some photos of the build here.

#47 Matteo21

Matteo21

• Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:34 AM

Gooseka Very good work :-) compliemnts, I hope soon that my VX become SC

Cocopops I send you Italian Girl, you have preference? :happy:

Rally Very thanks for all information,I Have a curiosity if you can answer?

you have paid since the kit complete? I wondered if I should buy the kit in vx performance!!!!

#48 Rally

Rally

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:24 PM

Sorry Matteo, I don't understand the question! :D

#49 Matteo21

Matteo21

• Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:30 PM

Ciao Rally, sorry how much you paid Kit Usa and update component by counternay? knowing that you would take the kit components are missing or VX Counternay performance? thx

#50 Rally

Rally

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:33 PM

Put it this way, if you buy all the parts in the ZZP kit that you DO use from Courtenays, it would cost you in excess of £2600.

#51 Matteo21

Matteo21

• Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:50 PM

Ok very Thx Rally :-) when I finished the work I'll post photos

#52 alexb

alexb

• PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:38 PM

Hi Matteo, Once SC'ed, you will not recognize your car anymore. I've done it a couple of months back and it's not a hard job at all. I did it on my own and the VX (or Speedster in my case, as I'm from Holland) is the first car I do some work on. I'm very sure though that having someone available with experience will cut the time it take for a full conversion considerably. In Holland we have an alternative route for the ECU remapping. It's called OBDTuner and provides access to the maps used by the ECU. I've been a very happy user of it eversince I started trying to get some more performance out of the NA. My plans of SC'ing the NA coincided with the forced induction version of OBDTuner becoming available and the way it worked for me is that together with the upgrade, Peter (the guy who developed the software) sent me a base map that worked with my configuration (LSJ injectors, LSJ throttlebody, standard exhaust). With that base map the engine worked without a problem. Using the software you than do a learn session optimizing the mapping. This does not require dyno time, but can be done -legally (OK, almost legally)- on the streets, 'just' driving the car around at all possible rpm/power combinations. OBDTuner is not cheap, but for me worth it, as you have access to all the maps, can log all data available to the ECU and can do performance measurements to see what effects changes really have. I hardly ever see a reference to it on this forum, but have no idea why that is. Just wanted to point out that there is a viable alternative to the usual route for remapping the ECU.

#53 Bargi

Bargi

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:22 PM

It's been referenced loads of times. Problem was it was never ready for general release for such a long time people here just gave up on it. If it's ready like you say please post up some details, people here would be very interested!

#54 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:39 PM

People asked how much , when can I buy it , and it never went any further.

#55 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:52 PM

Peter (the guy who developed the software) sent me a base map that worked with my configuration (LSJ injectors, LSJ throttlebody, standard exhaust). With that base map the engine worked without a problem.

You did not have an initial loading session at his house?
If not, then that's a new development.

#56 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:11 PM

I assume he has send his ecu first to Peter to flash the special OBD operating system and then load an SC base map. (Peter should have gathered some conversiondata now, but he should do a logging session to optiomize the specific engine parameters.)

#57 Chris P Duck

Chris P Duck

I can change this?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:10 PM

It does see impressive that Peter has cracked this ECU fully whilst UK tuning companies have not :-(

#58 alexb

alexb

• PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:03 AM

Exmantaa is right (as usual), I sent my ECU to Peter to flash OBDTuner 2. What got me confused is that Peter send me the software (PC based software I mean) later by email. You can upload calibration files from the PC to the ECU and the other way round and Peter has some data for SC converted engines now so you can start with a decent calibration file and optimize it later using a learning session. As the manual is now in English, there seems to be an intent to make it available ouside of NL too, but that's something Peter has make clear.

#59 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:29 AM

So all ecu finetuning stuff was done by yourself then Alex? (other then peters initial load on it) Another step forward it seems, as so far Peter always did the loading at his house. Looks like he is getting more comfortable on that part of the proces.

#60 alexb

alexb

• PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:31 AM

Yes, did the ECU finetuning myself. That sounds like I have a very solid understanding of what that means, but as you mention, that part has improved to the point that it's easy to do. The only painful part, at least to me, is that in learn mode you have to hit all the RPM/power combinations, which includes driving around in first of second gear at 7K RPM. Admittedly for a fraction of a second, but to me that physically hurts. And there is an extrapolation and smoothing function in the software now to deal with the cells that you didn't hit. I can also understand Peter that he's careful to how he 'sells' it, as you can do a lot of damage to the engine if you start changing things without having a good understanding of what you're doing. So first time I bought the software, I also went to his house and had a complete explanation etc. And in all honesty didn't understand any of it. I only started really using it after the SC conversion and now have the OBD interface cable as a standard accessory in the car. And as usual, the more you work with it, the more you understand.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: supercharger, supercharger install, install guide, supercharger how to

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users