#61 Acidpopstar

Acidpopstar

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts
  • Interests:Playing and teaching guitar / driving

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:33 PM

You almost kept up with an NA at Pembrey as well  :D  :P

Correct. A nutter well driven NA is indeed faster than a miss daisy driven turbo  thumbsup

Shhh.

They only let me out at weekends. 

#62 Bargi

Bargi

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:44 PM

The popping and banging will be missed but the more I drive the SC the more I appreciate the fact that it is a better driving experience.

I'm not just saying this as a turbo owner but . . . Full of sh*t!! Pete i met you once at Oulton and to be fair you bought the worst example of a turbo I know. How do you think a 260bhp SC is better than a 260bhp turbo?

I half get it if you love spunking money away but if you care about performance and £ theres only one winner!? SC half makes sense on big power but then you compete with noise. If you want to get on track past 400bhp you best go turbo!

[color=#222222;]Christ George, full of sh*t am I? I didn't realise you were so precious!!!![/size][/color]

It's just George mate, don't take it personally :D

Edited by Bargi, 12 February 2015 - 10:45 PM.

#63 Acidpopstar

Acidpopstar

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts
  • Interests:Playing and teaching guitar / driving

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:11 PM

The popping and banging will be missed but the more I drive the SC the more I appreciate the fact that it is a better driving experience.

I'm not just saying this as a turbo owner but . . . Full of sh*t!! Pete i met you once at Oulton and to be fair you bought the worst example of a turbo I know. How do you think a 260bhp SC is better than a 260bhp turbo? I half get it if you love spunking money away but if you care about performance and £ theres only one winner!? SC half makes sense on big power but then you compete with noise. If you want to get on track past 400bhp you best go turbo!

Christ George, full of sh*t am I? I didn't realise you were so precious!!!![/size]

It's just George after he's come in from being on the lash :drink:

#64 peteslag

peteslag

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • Interests:real ale, food, real ale

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:33 PM

I'm not just saying this as a turbo owner but . . . Full of sh*t!! Pete i met you once at Oulton and to be fair you bought the worst example of a turbo I know. How do you think a 260bhp SC is better than a 260bhp turbo? I half get it if you love spunking money away but if you care about performance and £ theres only one winner!? SC half makes sense on big power but then you compete with noise. If you want to get on track past 400bhp you best go turbo!

Christ George, full of sh*t am I? I didn't realise you were so precious!!!![/size]

It's just George after he's come in from being on the lash :drink:

Ha ha, what a bell end.

Mind you, I can't say much about post drinking antics. Last night on the way home from the pub I fell off the kerb and badly wounded my right knee cap. Worse than that, I sent my subway skating across the A41 (not that it stopped me eating it).

#65 peteslag

peteslag

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:44 PM

Was good to see you again today Pete, car looked to be going well!   First time at Donny for myself today, what a great track....if not a little frosty this morning which kept things entertaining even for us Scots who man the trip down.  

It took me 45 minutes to get to Donny, I bet you were knackered before you even got there!   Yeh, good seeing you too. I didn't see much of your car on track but your mates Evora was very nice indeed.   I took it very easy to be honest, tried to focus on getting my lines right and keeping it neat. Here is a vid:   https://www.facebook...205784090307303
Looks like you were going well at Donington. Are you running an open air filter on the sc? Donington are pretty strict with noise did you have any issues with noise?

It has a big cone filter of some sort. I know it has a piper manifold and a Miltek back box. Not sure about the cat, it doesn't look OEM. The car is fairley quiet compared to other SC's I've been around. It registered 92 Db on it's last static test.

#66 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 02:29 PM

It registered 92 Db on it's last static test.

That's about the max mine registers on a static test. Didn't stop me getting black flagged for drive-by the first time I opened it up on the pit straight. :(

#67 peteslag

peteslag

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:48 PM

It registered 92 Db on it's last static test.

That's about the max mine registers on a static test. Didn't stop me getting black flagged for drive-by the first time I opened it up on the pit straight. :(

I didn't think for one minute that I would be any where near the noise limit with 92 static. I'll probably ask the noise people what my drive by noise is the next time I go to Donington.

Now then, time for a really crap game. It's called "name that cat" (I forgot to ask the previous owner what type of cat is fitted to the car, I hoped somebody might recognize it)

Posted Image

I've just noticed the exhaust rubber is knackered. Looks like the under tray will be coming off again then  :angry:

#68 P11 COV

P11 COV

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,683 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Music, God, Family. Holidays.

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:53 PM

Having recently going out in a stage 2 supercharge (MartinS) I was impressed how smooth the power delivery was, very nice for track but feels less torquey compared to the stage 2 turbo With turbo's I must say they are a less smooth but the map impacts this a lot I have recently changed my map for a custom one and the power delivery is much smoother where as they previous map was just bang boost so you get the rush which feels good but not the best Now I can increase the boost and power much much smoother. I noticed that when they mapped it too you can set the pedal again power delivery and mine (previously) was set to something like full throttle on 30% which is why I just had no boost then bang 15psi! now it much smoother and easier to drive :)

Amen to all that. My wife's RS cup megane 250 has a sport button. It makes the thing feel faster because it sharpens the throttle response. However it is harder to drive smoothly and has no extra power. It's all in the mind and I reckon on track non sport mode would be easier to drive fast. Sadly she won't let me!

Edited by P11 COV, 13 February 2015 - 04:54 PM.

#69 scib4

scib4

• Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:04 PM

I've driven George's car and was very surprised how good the delivery was we are both running similar power in our cars and never noticed this spikey power delivery so maybe george has got it sorted One thing I did notice was going from a 7500 rpm SC to a less than 7000 rpm turbo was a pain with the limiter not helped by the close ratio box george runs, George's car is setup extremely well and made my car look like a boat at croft early last year, which wasn't helped by me having no brakes, Gorge actually described it as lethal !! But I noticed george didn't use the Rev range which is required in a SC car ( might be because brakes were shite at the time and wasent confidence building ) Conclusion for me is they are chalk and cheese Here George's attempt to drive my un-drivable SC

....and my standard NA pasted you both that day ;)  

#70 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:10 PM

Now then, time for a really crap game. It's called "name that cat" (I forgot to ask the previous owner what type of cat is fitted to the car, I hoped somebody might recognize it)

looks like a Milltek  thumbsup

#71 peteslag

peteslag

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:02 PM

looks like a Milltek  thumbsup

Cheers Vocky, knowledgeable as ever.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: crash, donington

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users