• Please log in to reply
388 replies to this topic

#141 1cobrav8

1cobrav8

Joe is faster than me

• PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 12:42 PM

Below is the curve with the new fuel pump fitted and a little work done to the map over laid with the first initial pull.. IAT was rising massively during pulls which I believe is whats causing the big drop in power at the top end. 

Posted Image

#142 1cobrav8

1cobrav8

Joe is faster than me

• PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 12:43 PM

A picture that I received yesterday of the WI tank i'm having made, wasn't finished at this point but it gives you an idea. Should arrive with me tomorrow. 

Posted Image

#143 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

I ADMIT BATMAN THINKS HE IS QUICKER THAN ME

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,727 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 12:52 PM

This dip top end is nothing unusual on our sc cars emanta and smiley are trying to get to the bottom of why it's happening

#144 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 12:53 PM

Will be intresting to see if it's still there when water injection is fitted

#145 1cobrav8

1cobrav8

Joe is faster than me

• PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 12:57 PM

I don't think it will be. No Mechanical reason for it to do it, boost is still constant so as long as the IAT's are constant so ignition retard/knock isn't present the power should continue to climb. 

Can you adjust the Air Temp Correction in the OBD Tuner Software? 

#146 1cobrav8

1cobrav8

Joe is faster than me

• PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 12:59 PM

Another picture of the now completed WI tank

Posted Image

#147 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 01:00 PM

I don't think it will be. No Mechanical reason for it to do it, boost is still constant so as long as the IAT's are constant so ignition retard/knock isn't present the power should continue to climb.    Can you adjust the Air Temp Correction in the OBD Tuner Software? 
Yes But be warned them features are there for a reason

#148 1cobrav8

1cobrav8

Joe is faster than me

• PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 01:01 PM

I don't think it will be. No Mechanical reason for it to do it, boost is still constant so as long as the IAT's are constant so ignition retard/knock isn't present the power should continue to climb.    Can you adjust the Air Temp Correction in the OBD Tuner Software? 
Yes But be warned them features are there for a reason

I Understand that, just interested to see how much ignition is rolled of at those temps

#149 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 01:03 PM

Do a Obd power run and look at the AFR Fuel is added at higher temps And check the ignition compared to tables

#150 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 01:11 PM

You can also do this with logging session by clicking on a Pacific time which will but cross hatches in the tables

#151 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 02:07 PM

I don't think it will be. No Mechanical reason for it to do it, boost is still constant so as long as the IAT's are constant so ignition retard/knock isn't present the power should continue to climb. 

You have the typical ~6600 rpm "OBD powerdip", although your dip is not as brutal as other SC's that dive of a cliff there...

(what value/paramters are the yellow and grey line in the bottom part? I assumed Lambda? Did you alter timing for the 2nd higher torque measurement?)

In OBD you can adjust the fuelling related to intake temps, but there are more temperature related tables that we have no access too with the current OBD client software. As you say the data indicate that there is no mechanical reason the power should drop at that rpm. (Although 115KPa at 50°C is not the same air amount as 115KPa at 90°C...)

We think it's maybe related to (another IAT) safety feature in the ecu playing up, but then I think you should see that in the ignition advance. (if the logged IGN value is indeed the actual commanded ignition timing...)

Only mechanical limitations I can think of are maybe valve spring issues. (but would show up in the MAP log value) Or it has something to do with failing ignition/spark at higher boost/rpms...  :wacko:

#152 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 02:07 PM

Posted Image

Looks good and better yet, looks like it might still be possible to get it to work on the passenger side of the car which is where I want to fit one. Any baffling inside the tank to stop it slopping about? 

#153 1cobrav8

1cobrav8

Joe is faster than me

• PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 02:15 PM

Posted Image

Looks good and better yet, looks like it might still be possible to get it to work on the passenger side of the car which is where I want to fit one. Any baffling inside the tank to stop it slopping about? 

Yes there's a vertical baffle on the opposite side to the filler. 

#154 1cobrav8

1cobrav8

Joe is faster than me

• PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 02:21 PM

You have the typical ~6600 rpm "OBD powerdip", although your dip is not as brutal as other SC's that dive of a cliff there...

(what value/paramters are the yellow and grey line in the bottom part? I assumed Lambda? Did you alter timing for the 2nd higher torque measurement?)

In OBD you can adjust the fuelling related to intake temps, but there are more temperature related tables that we have no access too with the current OBD client software. As you say the data indicate that there is no mechanical reason the power should drop at that rpm. (Although 115KPa at 50°C is not the same air amount as 115KPa at 90°C...)

We think it's maybe related to (another IAT) safety feature in the ecu playing up, but then I think you should see that in the ignition advance. (if the logged IGN value is indeed the actual commanded ignition timing...)

Only mechanical limitations I can think of are maybe valve spring issues. (but would show up in the MAP log value) Or it has something to do with failing ignition/spark at higher boost/rpms...  :wacko:

Yellow and grey are indeed Lambda figures, you can see the yellow one going of lean when i still just had the stock fuel pump fitted. 

I'm hoping that the pro software will give us more access to these parameters so we can really see whats going on. I plan now to map the car on the road and then place it on the rollers again to do another pull. 

#155 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 02:36 PM

Yellow and grey are indeed Lambda figures, you can see the yellow one going of lean when i still just had the stock fuel pump fitted. 

I'm hoping that the pro software will give us more access to these parameters so we can really see whats going on. I plan now to map the car on the road and then place it on the rollers again to do another pull. 

Thought so, but could not work out the scale of the yellow/grey line.

(grey mow indicates "0.4" value?

#156 1cobrav8

1cobrav8

Joe is faster than me

• PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 03:07 PM

Thought so, but could not work out the scale of the yellow/grey line.

(grey mow indicates "0.4" value?

Scaling on the left is for boost pressure(BAR). The lambda is running at about 0.8 from about 5250rpm onwards

#157 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 03:19 PM

Not as a feature yet (scheduled for obdtuner pro, somewhere in the future)

For now you can send your map to Peter, who will then up the starting to 80 degree, instead of 60.

Without that, the ecu will:

60C - 0,0 degree retard 65C - 0,5 degree retard 70C - 1,0 degree retard 75C - 1,5 degree retard 80C - 2,0 degree retard

With my M62/3" pully i get up to 75 degree on track. With my harrop/3.14" pully i get up to 95 degree on track.

Edited by smiley, 02 August 2016 - 03:21 PM.

#158 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 04:13 PM

This dip top end is nothing unusual on our sc cars emanta and smiley are trying to get to the bottom of why it's happening

We tried to see if it's the temp sensor itself, by using a custom cable with temp sensor usage near the inlet.

No difference. Same cutoff.

We think it's another unaccable safety option.

Though, i must say if i do a run, my arse dyno does not agree with what the graph shows. All i feel is the rpm limiter cutting in at 7800, and not the powerr loss near 7k.

#159 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 04:21 PM

i still thinks its some kind of restriction which needs to be pushed through from the inlet manifold 

#160 TFD

TFD

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 06:56 PM

I've got th same dip, even with 35C IAT. So it's not the timing retard thats killing power. 

Not an SC issue.

Edited by TFD, 02 August 2016 - 06:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users