237 replies to this topic

#161 oblomov

oblomov

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,769 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 30 September 2008 - 07:54 PM

Here's an interesting link. Getting it wrong Apparently they can't even guarantee clean kills in the abattoir. So what are the chances of 100% clean kills with an underpowerd weapon used by an amateur?

Oh I forgot it's OK. The Government says it's OK, end of. So, no need to engage brain and take responsibility for making a decisions and actions on the basis of what you know happens in reality. The Gov. says it's OK so there's a convenient skirt to hide behind, a convenient abdication of responsibility, not to mention the refusal to come clean and admit what killing animals for 'sport' really entails. Instead try to regain the the moral high ground with the mock shock horror of offended sensibilities, conveniently ignoring what we see graphically on the news on an almost daily basis. :rolleyes:

#162 jasvxt

jasvxt

Scary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:15 PM

Back on topic My favorite hobby is stroking my fluffy bunny in the winter time, it gets cold and lonely and always appreciates a cuddle :D

#163 Yellow_or_black?

Yellow_or_black?

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,905 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:16 PM

Is that before you shoot it? ;)

#164 AliM

AliM

insert humour here

• 9,146 posts
  • Interests:playing cars and general mischief.

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:20 PM

Back on topic

My favorite hobby is stroking my fluffy bunny in the winter time, it gets cold and lonely and always appreciates a cuddle :D

Don't forget the Eeyores :happy:

Edited by AliM, 30 September 2008 - 08:23 PM.

#165 VXJON

VXJON

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:40 PM

Back on topic

My favorite hobby is stroking my fluffy bunny in the winter time, it gets cold and lonely and always appreciates a cuddle :D

http://www.vx220.org...a...f=4&t=70232
vx220.org.uk -> Replying in Winter Hobbies

or the trees

Trees need love just as much as fluffy wuffy bunnys

http://uk.youtube.co...p?topic=1660.15

#166 jasvxt

jasvxt

Scary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:45 PM

Is that before you shoot it? ;)

:D

Back on topic

Luv Donkeys so much :wub: :lol:

#167 AliM

AliM

insert humour here

• 9,146 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:50 PM

or the trees

:lol: at the youtube clip. I wish we had a crying laughing smiley

#168 jasvxt

jasvxt

Scary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:55 PM

or the trees

:lol: at the youtube clip. I wish we had a crying laughing smiley

Posted Image

#169 Jaysith

Jaysith

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 09:38 PM

that youtube clip is the sadest thing i've ever seen

#170 MaDFreeBiRD

MaDFreeBiRD

VX gone :( 350Z replacement :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,385 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:41 PM

eeyore is one of the strangest words possibly ever, anyone else think it just looks a bit wrong? :lol:

#171 oblomov

oblomov

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,769 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 07:42 PM

So where are we at with this debate on the suitability of killing animals with air rifles in particular and taking pleasure in killing animals as a sport in general?

1.The challenge of the use of air rifles as being underpowered weapons unsuitable for the purpose. No credible evidence to contradict my personal experience over many years. My point.
2.Elaine challenged my credentials and quoted a lot of very misleading rubbish intended for public consumption. Information which did not in any way convey the real world killing of animals with an unsuitable weapon.
3.Result, annihilation. Point to oblomov
4.I said have the courage of your convictions, admit the true ‘sport killer’s ethos is, "I shoot and kill animals because I enjoy it. It's inevitable they will suffer, and some will suffer greatly, especially when they crawl away to die a slow death in a hole somewhere. Because I use a weapon that's not up to the job this happens on a fairly frequent basis, but that's OK. because I don't actually give a sh*t about any pain or suffering I cause them. In reality that's the nature of my sport, I cause them suffering and I don't care. No takers. Point to oblomov.
5.Sportkill shooters will not admit the truth about what killing for sport actually involves, and continue in denial. Score another point to me
6.Elaine persisted by arguing that if the law says it’s O.K says it’s OK, (Remember that it’s the BASC crowd who makes these convenient rules). This is what’s known as the (discredited) Nuremberg Defence. At the Nuremberg war trials Nazis disclaimed personal responsibility for their atrocities because “they were only doing what their Government said was OK. This attempt to abdicate personal responsibility was not accepted by the court as a valid argument. Score another point to me.
7.The oxymoronically named British Association for Shooting and Conversation was bandied about. In reality it should be named The British Association for Shooting and Killing under the pretence that killing is in some way conservation. Point to me.
8.The BASC members are the people who employ gamekeepers. Any gamekeeper will tell you that the most predatory animal which destroys wildlife indiscriminately everywhere to a degree greater than all other animal/bird predators combined is your common moggy, feral or domestic. What do these gamekeepers do if your moggy strays into their domain? Oh dear, the shooters don’t even want to go there, deafening silence.
9.After specious and tendentious argument about the need to control ‘vermin’ a challenge was made as to whether or not theotherhalf and Elaine actually needed to control these animals by way of taking pleasure in killing them for sport. No response. Score another point to me even if I didn’t ask the question.
10.Proper efficient methods of ‘vermin’ control were suggested if certain animals posed a real threat. No response. Point to me.
11.LY55SCO attempted to come to the rescue but was unable to grasp the gist of the argument or present a coherent reply. Point to me.

So there we have it then. The Kill, Maim, and Cause Animals to Suffer for Pleasure brigade totally failed to present any credible argument to support their ‘sport’.

One thing’s for certain, as the ‘sport killers’ will tell you, there are vermin out there. You just need to learn how to recognize them. ;)

End of.

#172 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:19 PM

Because shooting people is such a better way of winning an argument ?

#173 AliM

AliM

insert humour here

• 9,146 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:21 PM

why drag this subject up again after 2 days knowing how people feel about it?? or was that the aim of the post?

#174 RobNA

RobNA

RobSC :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:25 PM

Points?

#175 XXX

XXX

Invisible ex-VX owner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,471 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:28 PM

There's me thinking that this was a reasoned debate rather than a point scoring excercise..... Oblomov, why the need to restoke the fire here??? Whilst I respect both sides of this arguement, I cannot help thinking that your "end of" post is just gloating in your (perceived) "win"........

#176 oblomov

oblomov

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,769 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:31 PM

OK. Getting back to Winter Hobbies. Some of my land is becoming infested with marsh grass. This is a verminous invasion by a totally ruthless predator which will attack the unsuspecting by making the ground you walk on undulate while it wraps it’s tendrils around your wellies. This can very often be fatal if you are so unfortunate as to fall face down on your shooting stick and the pointy bit penetrates your brain. I’ve got a heavy old 49cc industrial strimmer but I decided to invest in a new 45cc Husqvarna. I managed to buy a brand spanker at fantastic discount on eBay. I had some concern here. Would the lighter 45cc have the killing power of the tried and tested 49cc? Both are strictly short range weapons, 3 to 4 feet maximum but very accurate. A three prong blade turning at 9k revs is very deadly. In an effort to improve even on this I sharpen the blade and don’t use the blade guard because it inhibits full use of the weapon’s capabilities. Yes, yes, I know, some of you green wellie brigade who are so easily traumatized will be throwing up your hands in shock horror at this blatant disregard for my own safety. Let me say in my defence that heavy clothing, safety glasses and ear muffs are still the order of the day as are steel toe caps, but at the end of the day you have to take the fight to these verminous things in any way you can in an effort to control their rampagings. What I don’t want is to have badly injured and maimed marsh grass dying a slow and painful death all over the place because I’ve used a weapon that’s not up to the task. Anyway I’m delighted to say the new 345Rx Husky actually exceeds the power of the old 49er. The 345 needs a service after being run in and the old 49er has started running rough for some reason. Stripped the carb. this morning and cleaned the plug but no improvement, so they’ll both go in for service next week. Then it will be back into the fray and not single strand of verminosity will escape my blade by the end of November, it will be wholesale slaughter. Give it three months and the young'ns will start to sprout, but they’re easy meat and the cord will slaughter them too, very easily without mercy. Yes I know it’s unsporting to massacre the youngsters like that but you’ve got to be cruel to be er…cruel, and frankly I don’t give a sh*t. If they die they die, in fact that’s the whole purpose of the exercise. Death and destruction to them all, and if you don’t like it well the law says it’s OK so that being so it’s OK Got it? End of.

Edited by oblomov, 02 October 2008 - 08:33 PM.

#177 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts
  • Interests:Stock Car Racing. Sailing, Good Food and Drink! Celtic, Scottish National Team. Bands

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:33 PM

To be quite honest mate. You clearly don't agree with shooting as a sport. Fair enough, its not been part of your upbringing or whatever. Where I did its part of life. As is point 8 which I feel is the only one worthy of an answer at this time of night as the rest of your babble I'm finding hard to work out what you're rambling on about. If you live anywhere near land that is managed or farmed, you except responsibility for your pets. I've known since I was a kid not to let my dog scare livestock or to play in crops or I'd end up in bother or the dog shot if he was seen as out of hand. I really can't see anyone embarrased or denying that fact??? Scott.

#178 AliM

AliM

insert humour here

• 9,146 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:34 PM

I think you've spent 2 days writing your essays haven't you?? ;) end of.

#179 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:36 PM

OK.

Getting back to Winter Hobbies. Some of my land is becoming infested with marsh grass.
End of.

glyphosate the lot. job done.

#180 XXX

XXX

Invisible ex-VX owner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,471 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:37 PM

I am truly struggling to understand the need to keep restating your arguement here?? BTW, are airguns and good for killing animals?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users